An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Helgren
Jevako030 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:25 pm
Jnsystems wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:28 pm
Richie2502 wrote:Is there a clear path to a shim the battery latch open on these or is it shielded ?
I have not seen a clear path to get it to open, however I don't know how others managed to get it open without any damage, it looks like they attack it from the top, but sometimes people can just find the juice boxes wide open, literally just grab and go. That is my method and I already have so many to test and ride with. Now it's just me figuring out how to install the BMS properly and wire everything up.
Hi Hi,
everything you want to know has already been found out and is all described in the other Lime forum.
Remove battery, replace BMS, Hall sensors.
Everything is described in detail there. So if you read it first, you will know everything and you will have answers to all your questions. That guy with that Youtube channel just does something and says things that are not true at all.
So is removing battery replacing BMS and hall sensors all that you have to do?..

I have access to so many of these damn scooters laying around. Many of them destroyed, many with just the batteries missing, people just don’t care about them and they are literally all over the place either destroyed, working, or somewhere in between. I have collected a bunch that have been abandoned and are in pretty rough shape but together I definitely have a working scooter or two.. . I’d really like to fix one up for my use but so far I just can’t figure out if I have to replace the motor controller or what?….I see people riding around with clearly modified versions, but I just can’t figure out what has been done to them. It doesn’t look like motor controllers have been installed unless they are small enough to where they fit inside with the battery. If I have to replace the BMS and hall sensors could someone please help me out with details including links.. or just the main post where this stuff has been described. Any help would be much appreciated. I have plenty of experience with the older limes, bird ninebot es4, and others…. But I am super frustrated when it comes to this scooter. is there a better option when it comes to getting these or a different brand or version to work? Please and thank you!
By Helgren
Jnsystems wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:05 am
Richie2502 wrote:Looks like it's beyond my capabilities, electronics are not my thing, metal working is, i dont have the time to do this project which would need hours of study and experiment. It would be esier for me to convert it to petrol engine drive than get into the electronics.

I might use the battery pack as a power bank if I can get it off, the scooter was free anyway so I've lost nothing.
I know you don't have the time to invest to get the 4.1 up, but If you wanted the battery, just shove something between the battery and the case and maybe it would pop the latch out. I never done that, because I just angle grind the bottom open and take out some screws holding the latch together and manually released it. If you wish I can show you through DMs.

Also retrieved two more abandoned battery packs (old) yesterday lol, I already had enough scooters, only wanted a gen 4.1. The scooters abandoned came with the old batteries pre-unlatched from the case. Thx those who managed to did it while I am so stumped...
Saw Ppl riding the black gen swappable 4.0 in the train station platform way out of the service area, thumbs up to them.
Also props to those that tried to innovate...
Image Image
Is it possible you help me out with these. I have plenty of knowledge with soldering and getting some of the older scooters to work but am frustrated with these. Any help would me much appreciated!! Thank you!,,
By Jnsystems
Well, it's not just replacing hall sensors and BMS. U have to do all A-Z, wiring up and soldering, taking the whole thing apart, figuring out which is throttle, replacing BMS, test ride, get and install controller, etc. In the city mentioned, there are those riding around with modified red painted scooters with the size and dimensions of the mentioned scooter. It looks like they used a motor controller small enough to fit inside the scooter itself (or grind it to fit). Even though you know how to solder, this is electrical stuff, look, comparing us, I have finite resources to get this working, but is still having challenges, trying to get this to work basically. So far, I believed I have sent you the correct size you requested through the corresponding DM without any response. Look, I am just as frustrated as you are getting this scooter to work, as right now I am guessing throttle wires or figuring out why my controller works 50% during test and if i need to replace it with another controller.

Useful Information:
Multmeter Continuity Test Revealed that Yellow, Blue, And Black Wires most likely throttle from the green connector wires.

Turns out my motor controller is defective, gotta get another one now.
Last edited by Jnsystems on Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jevako030
Helgren wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:11 pm
Jevako030 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:25 pm
Jnsystems wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:28 pm

I have not seen a clear path to get it to open, however I don't know how others managed to get it open without any damage, it looks like they attack it from the top, but sometimes people can just find the juice boxes wide open, literally just grab and go. That is my method and I already have so many to test and ride with. Now it's just me figuring out how to install the BMS properly and wire everything up.
Hi Hi,
everything you want to know has already been found out and is all described in the other Lime forum.
Remove battery, replace BMS, Hall sensors.
Everything is described in detail there. So if you read it first, you will know everything and you will have answers to all your questions. That guy with that Youtube channel just does something and says things that are not true at all.
So is removing battery replacing BMS and hall sensors all that you have to do?..

I have access to so many of these damn scooters laying around. Many of them destroyed, many with just the batteries missing, people just don’t care about them and they are literally all over the place either destroyed, working, or somewhere in between. I have collected a bunch that have been abandoned and are in pretty rough shape but together I definitely have a working scooter or two.. . I’d really like to fix one up for my use but so far I just can’t figure out if I have to replace the motor controller or what?….I see people riding around with clearly modified versions, but I just can’t figure out what has been done to them. It doesn’t look like motor controllers have been installed unless they are small enough to where they fit inside with the battery. If I have to replace the BMS and hall sensors could someone please help me out with details including links.. or just the main post where this stuff has been described. Any help would be much appreciated. I have plenty of experience with the older limes, bird ninebot es4, and others…. But I am super frustrated when it comes to this scooter. is there a better option when it comes to getting these or a different brand or version to work? Please and thank you!
If you read the other forum then everything is described there, including the motor controller and hall sensors and how to remove the battery.
By SomeName
Jnsystems wrote:
Richie2502 wrote:Looks like it's beyond my capabilities, electronics are not my thing, metal working is, i dont have the time to do this project which would need hours of study and experiment. It would be esier for me to convert it to petrol engine drive than get into the electronics.

I might use the battery pack as a power bank if I can get it off, the scooter was free anyway so I've lost nothing.
I know you don't have the time to invest to get the 4.1 up, but If you wanted the battery, just shove something between the battery and the case and maybe it would pop the latch out. I never done that, because I just angle grind the bottom open and take out some screws holding the latch together and manually released it. If you wish I can show you through DMs.

Also retrieved two more abandoned battery packs (old) yesterday lol, I already had enough scooters, only wanted a gen 4.1. The scooters abandoned came with the old batteries pre-unlatched from the case. Thx those who managed to did it while I am so stumped...
Saw Ppl riding the black gen swappable 4.0 in the train station platform way out of the service area, thumbs up to them.
Also props to those that tried to innovate...
Image Image
I would be interested in seeing how to unlatch the battery too. If you could send me email, it would be amazing.(from some reason DM don't work on my account...)
By Jnsystems
SomeName wrote: I would be interested in seeing how to unlatch the battery too. If you could send me email, it would be amazing.(from some reason DM don't work on my account...)
As far As I know, to detach the battery, is to grind the bottom frame off to make a square, then manually breaking off and releasing the latch from there. There is a chance of luck that the battery just straight off be released, but rarely that's the case. One more thing, the controller is special since the wheel has only 3 hall wires I presume, so I am literally back and forth through the Ali express verification process. Gotta find one that fits that is brushless and sensorless, I am in process of getting it, it's the one with the purple background on the listing. Hope all this works. I have planned finite budget for this but it's not unlimited.
By SomeName
Jnsystems wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:35 am
SomeName wrote: I would be interested in seeing how to unlatch the battery too. If you could send me email, it would be amazing.(from some reason DM don't work on my account...)
As far As I know, to detach the battery, is to grind the bottom frame off to make a square, then manually breaking off and releasing the latch from there. There is a chance of luck that the battery just straight off be released, but rarely that's the case. One more thing, the controller is special since the wheel has only 3 hall wires I presume, so I am literally back and forth through the Ali express verification process. Gotta find one that fits that is brushless and sensorless, I am in process of getting it, it's the one with the purple background on the listing. Hope all this works. I have planned finite budget for this but it's not unlimited.
You can add hall sensor to the motor. I have seen many posts where people just glued it to the motor, connect wires and it works for them much better

I hoped to get the battery more easily...
I presume the tracking electronics is in the small green box in front of the scooter and to "disconnect" the tracking I have to remove this box entirely. Is there some fast way how to do it? Ideally can someone show it to me?
By Jnsystems
SomeName wrote: You can add hall sensor to the motor. I have seen many posts where people just glued it to the motor, connect wires and it works for them much better.
I hoped to get the battery more easily...
I presume the tracking electronics is in the small green box in front of the scooter and to "disconnect" the tracking I have to remove this box entirely. Is there some fast way how to do it? Ideally can someone show it to me?
I seen those posts too, I just prefer to get the special controller that presumably fits into the bottom frame (footboard) instead of having to modify their motor, just In case the need to burn rubber or if the motor malfunctions. If that seller is going to process and ship the order before the system auto-refunds me after 2 weeks.

Edit: for the battery, just go to random scoots and pull on the handle of the battery, 1 every 100 chance or so it is their fault for not securing it. If you're lucky one comes right out because it's not even secured properly. If it helps you can get some stickers and stick it on the scooter for the ones you tried already.

For the Module, If you use a communications platform like Telegram, it would be very helpful, but torx screws are helpful.
By Jnsystems
New Update: Installed the proprietary special limited edition controller that barely fits into the scooter, 40 mm out of 40 mm height, had to hammer it in to get it to install. After complete wiring and even hook up the display, I got the :lol: to run now.
For throttle, Using the yellow julit wire on the right, the wiring is a Y shape. Red (Left) | Green/Blue (Right) | Black (Bottom)
RED | GREEN/BLUE
Y
BLACK
The Lime 4.1 Setup is using bypassed battery, maybe later on I would figure out how to convert it to the own BMS. For now Gotta watch the battery voltage on the display to make sure it doesn't overcharge until the battery is converted to own BMS.
By lola_handycam
Jnsystems wrote:
Richie2502 wrote: If you wish I can show you through DMs.
I would be interested in more info on the Angle Grinder procedure, but apparently cannot use DM on this forum, would u elaborate on this here ? Or maybe help me reach out through another messaging facility ?

Thanks

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]