An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By Leem
I got 2 "broken" rental scooters from an auction, first one I reprogrammed, although I had to buy a new dash for it since it died while reprogramming it. After it got stolen, I took the second one out of storage and have started programming it. The issue is that everything except the dash can be programmed, but the dash is some weird version that doesn't seem to have the capacitor that should be removed before programming. Also I am having issues finding a working BLE firmware file. I'll be very thankful if someone can figure out which dash this is and how it can be programmed.
By dehdon
Hard to tell with such a low resolution image, but the C2 capacitor for that dash should be on the rear of the dash, down the bottom, near the side of the microcontroller board.
By Leem
There is no labeled capacitor on the whole baord, and also by looking at the schematics and what the capacitor is actually supposed to do, i removed one that made the most sense, but still no change.
By Aural Arch
Leem wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:09 am
There is no labeled capacitor on the whole baord
The components on that back/bottom side ARE labeled!
Including the C2 capacitor, which is located where dehdon predicted.

You've almost certainly either figured this out by now or simply replaced the dash; my response is for anyone reading this thread looking for help.

BTW, the resolution of these photos is more than sufficient
By Aural Arch
Location of C2 capacitor:

In the first photo:

Find the yellow & black wires near the right edge of the photo
Draw a horizontal line beginning between the yellow & black wires heading to the left
The line will go through a square black microchip
The line will cross the C2 just under the silver rectangular microchip labeled X1
The C2 is slightly below (and to the left of) the C8 which is in the middle of the left side of the black square microchip (with the white dot in the upper right corner)

Congratulations! Assuming you can follow detailed instructions, you've located the C2.
However, I don't know if that will actually be of any help...

Does anyone know for certain whether the C2 must always be removed from any dashboard in order to make it possible to flash the board with ST-Link?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]