An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Sc00tr
blader2 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:07 am
Finally got it working with arduino nano + mcp2515 can communication with setting speed limit lights lcd ect
Awesome, didn't know anyone in this forum actually still did research on their own lmao congrats on the success tho
By mandril
blader2 wrote:
Finally got it working with arduino nano + mcp2515 can communication with setting speed limit lights lcd ect
Care to share a bit more? Did you follow the process outlined bellow?
yeet1234 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:21 am
UNLOCK GUIDE (Still needs some work, ECU Shuts down after 2 Minutes of driving with E28):
Hook up an arduino and an MCP2515 Interface. Remove the IOT From the scooter, but keep the wires in the handle, Out of the IOT come two cables, one goes to the electric battery lock, the other one to the display/Light unit in the handle, later which controls the ECU. The 5 wire Cable is the one we need. Connect the blue wire to black (ground). This enables CAN BUS recieving of the ECU. Be aware that the battery voltage is on the red wire, so shorting the red wire out will damage the scooter permanently. Connect the Yellow Wire to CAN_LOW and Green wire to CAN_HIGH of the MCP2515. The Jumper on the board has to be set. Now Download the CAN Dumps of an Scooter unlocking Rick posted in the start of the thread. Download the software of the Logic Analyzer he used. Open the biggest file in Ricks Archive. In the software there is an option to export the CANBUS Data as CSV. Do that. Now you'll need some programming skills since i can't provide my scripts due to a bad hard drive and my non-existant backup solution. Write some Arduino Code that Interfaces with the MCP2515 and just dumps the first half of the CAN Frames from the CSV file into the Scooter CAN. Somwhere in there are probably the necessary commands to unlock the scooter. Compile, Upload. Connect the Arduino to the Scooter. Connect the Arduino to 12V y voilá!
To-Do is now to find the keep-alive commands in the CAN Data. After two Minutes the ECU Shuts down and displays "E28" in the Display. It puts the Motor under voltage so you can't move it anymore. Disconnect the Black and Blue wire, this will shut down the ECU. Connect them again and re-do the CAN dumping, and repeat after two minutes....
Did you solve the issue regarding the keep-alive? Some Arduino code you can share here?
Thanks!
By Marius Petz
I don't think there is a concret keep-alive signal. I found an unlocked scooter and removed the iot module. I don't noticed any difference between the iot module mounted and unmounted. the scooter didn't turned off.
mandril wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:59 am
blader2 wrote:
Care to share a bit more? Did you follow the process outlined bellow?
yeet1234 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:21 am
UNLOCK GUIDE (Still needs some work, ECU Shuts down after 2 Minutes of driving with E28):
Hook up an arduino and an MCP2515 Interface. Remove the IOT From the scooter, but keep the wires in the handle, Out of the IOT come two cables, one goes to the electric battery lock, the other one to the display/Light unit in the handle, later which controls the ECU. The 5 wire Cable is the one we need. Connect the blue wire to black (ground). This enables CAN BUS recieving of the ECU. Be aware that the battery voltage is on the red wire, so shorting the red wire out will damage the scooter permanently. Connect the Yellow Wire to CAN_LOW and Green wire to CAN_HIGH of the MCP2515. The Jumper on the board has to be set. Now Download the CAN Dumps of an Scooter unlocking Rick posted in the start of the thread. Download the software of the Logic Analyzer he used. Open the biggest file in Ricks Archive. In the software there is an option to export the CANBUS Data as CSV. Do that. Now you'll need some programming skills since i can't provide my scripts due to a bad hard drive and my non-existant backup solution. Write some Arduino Code that Interfaces with the MCP2515 and just dumps the first half of the CAN Frames from the CSV file into the Scooter CAN. Somwhere in there are probably the necessary commands to unlock the scooter. Compile, Upload. Connect the Arduino to the Scooter. Connect the Arduino to 12V y voilá!
To-Do is now to find the keep-alive commands in the CAN Data. After two Minutes the ECU Shuts down and displays "E28" in the Display. It puts the Motor under voltage so you can't move it anymore. Disconnect the Black and Blue wire, this will shut down the ECU. Connect them again and re-do the CAN dumping, and repeat after two minutes....
Did you solve the issue regarding the keep-alive? Some Arduino code you can share here?
Thanks!
By blader2
Fully working, no shutdown, i can change speed, lights on off, diplay reserved, start by pushing and pressing button or by pressing accelerate button only, last thing that i still need to handle is to show real battery power, becouse it don't fall down but its matter of days, it only needs arduino and mcp2515 and power drop from 60v to 5v
By Marius Petz
blader2 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:09 am
Fully working, no shutdown, i can change speed, lights on off, diplay reserved, start by pushing and pressing button or by pressing accelerate button only, last thing that i still need to handle is to show real battery power, becouse it don't fall down but its matter of days, it only needs arduino and mcp2515 and power drop from 60v to 5v
Can you share your code with us?
By blader2
I could share the code but it cost me a few months of hard work creating the code and decoding the can bus, the only thing that came in handy from the forum is that it works on the can protocol, I killed 2 arduino nano just by uploading the code over and over again, so imagine I will how many times was the constantly corrected code thrown in, refining the code and messages sent and received from each component was very difficult, like making an on-board computer for a car having information that it is can, unfortunately, there were no people willing to help in decoding here on the forum, so I wonder or just not to sell the compiled file for upload to arduino
By MikeSnow
blader2 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:40 am
I could share the code but it cost me a few months of hard work creating the code and decoding the can bus, the only thing that came in handy from the forum is that it works on the can protocol, I killed 2 arduino nano just by uploading the code over and over again, so imagine I will how many times was the constantly corrected code thrown in, refining the code and messages sent and received from each component was very difficult, like making an on-board computer for a car having information that it is can, unfortunately, there were no people willing to help in decoding here on the forum, so I wonder or just not to sell the compiled file for upload to arduino
Hi,

Did your solution send CAN messages to enable the battery output? Could you share those messages if so?

I would love to get the battery running without crack it open, dont have any plans on getting a scooter to work. Only the battery.

Thanks!
By Chast
Hello, my english is not very good. I use translator.
There are two types of ES400 scooters.
The limit is the numbers 300,000.
Below 300,000 there are versions with a keyed battery cover.
Above 300,000 full automatic opening.

The difference between the models, apart from the battery lock, is the main controller.

The IOT module is the same, the software is different.

Modification of the IOT software made it possible to establish the CANBUS instruction for opening the lid.

I have noticed that each IOT module uses different 4 pairs of 8 Byte keys for writing. Then 2 pairs of 8 Byte keys to open. The keys are generated by the IOT.

Deciphering the encoding of the keys does not make sense. It is possible to write to the known keys module and open it.
By MikeSnow
To clarify, I'm not interested in open the battery lid, I already have the battery. What I want to do is to enable the BMS in the battery to put out voltage, more than a few amps. For that I need to send CAN messages, as I understood it.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]