An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By 1215941571
Hey guys, I found an abandoned bird zero a few weeks ago and it was unlocked. After multiple weeks of holding onto it, the bird has never locked up and is fully usable. There's a bounty on the map for it for $5 and it follows me whereever i take it, and people can still alarm it on the charger map (i cut out the speaker so it doesn't make noise), but it remains fully usable for me. It doesn't seem like its ever going to lock back up, so i've held onto it as a personal scooter for the time being. I've been worried that if the bird reboots, it will lock up on me again so i've made sure to keep it fully charged and haven't had any problems after 2-3 weeks. The main problem i'm facing is the bird geofencing is still active, so i can't ride it in restricted bird areas. I'm looking to disable this feature without triggering some sort of potential safety locking mechanism. Is there any safe way any of you know of to remove the gps tracker in the scooter? I've also thought about removing the sim card to bypass the restricted areas but i'm also worried that will break the unlock. If any of you guys have any idea on what could possibly be done to circumvent this restriction let me know please!!
By 1215941571
dustydog256 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:32 pm
or a $30 kit to convert it. not condoning converting a abandoned scooter, just saying.
Yea i'm aware there is conversion kits, but there is nothing specific for the bird zero right? I heard you have to install a ninebot dashboard and it won't be a perfect fit.
By dustydog256
1215941571 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 pm
dustydog256 wrote:
or a $30 kit to convert it. not condoning converting a abandoned scooter, just saying.
Yea i'm aware there is conversion kits, but there is nothing specific for the bird zero right? I heard you have to install a ninebot dashboard and it won't be a perfect fit.
oh I apologize I didnt read thats a zero... man I would love to get my hands on one, I want to put the motor wheel on my es4.

yeah not sure, mainly because I think that runs off of bluetooth, not many of us on here have got our hands on one to teardown, but ill make a video as soon as I can for sure.
By 1215941571
dustydog256 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 pm
1215941571 wrote:
dustydog256 wrote:
oh I apologize I didnt read thats a zero... man I would love to get my hands on one, I want to put the motor wheel on my es4.

yeah not sure, mainly because I think that runs off of bluetooth, not many of us on here have got our hands on one to teardown, but ill make a video as soon as I can for sure.
I heard the motor upgrade is really nice. I'd totally love to use the zero as a personal however. There's alot of no-ride zones in my area though and its really annoying having to go around them each time. I've looked into broadcasting fake gps signals to confuse the receiver inside the control board, and removing the gps altogether. I could attempt to desolder the gps unit, i'm just not sure if any sort of locking failsafe will kick in. What do you think the best option is?
By dustydog256
1215941571 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:23 pm
dustydog256 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 pm
1215941571 wrote:

I heard the motor upgrade is really nice. I'd totally love to use the zero as a personal however. There's alot of no-ride zones in my area though and its really annoying having to go around them each time. I've looked into broadcasting fake gps signals to confuse the receiver inside the control board, and removing the gps altogether. I could attempt to desolder the gps unit, i'm just not sure if any sort of locking failsafe will kick in. What do you think the best option is?

I’m not sure as I haven’t seen one in the flesh don’t see them in Nashville or Atlanta yet.
By 07Gevish
Make sure you acquire your scooters the legal way. If you did and for some reason it's still gives shows on map while it's on, take the white box cover off, then the black one under it... remove the Sim card, to be safe you can remove the gps and it's antenna from the circuit board as long as the board doesn't get disconnected from scooter. After which assemble back up and enjoy the ride...oh and don't let it run out and battery...ever..
By Mr.GooGoo
I just realized after reading your thread I'm in Bird's grey-out geofenced area. There's Limes and Razors here but Bird decided to geofence for some reason. What happens when you hit a geofence area, the motor doesn't on? Dash still functions?
By magik
my friend took a bird zero in Paris and he went to a zone wheres not available and then he took off the gps white box but the scooter continued the block systeme and it moved too slowly.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]