An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By Randomdude0977
Hi, I was wondering if there is a good soul that want’s and know how to 3D model parts to help me. I need spacers for bird 2.
I’m in making of a Bird 2 V.2, where the scooter has AWD and 1512 Wh battery ( 120 cells) it is approximately 3.5 cm deeper than the orginal cover. Im going to cut off the battery compartment, so that there is more room. So all I need is spacers and that top cover part for the assembly.

I’m using a spintend dual esc controller,
Now i know that making spacers that big can let water inside, but I’m not planing on using it in heavy rain and all the adjustments needed with screws and silicone is going to be done.

I just need a pro who knows how to model to help me.
The end result Is a absolutely monster with, AWD that eats steep hills for breakfast.
It should be a 21 Ah battery, whitch should easily carry a AWD system, with same or bit less range.

If I get the help I need I will absolutely document everything, and help the next person who wants to make a crazy - death build.
By M365GUY
Just use aluminum square tubing and drill holes to line up with the large bolts along the sides. I used 1/2 x 1" to give me an additional inch of room in the bottom. And yes cut off the battery case part along the side so you just end up with a bottom plate. You can Make front and back spacers also to fill the gap. Mines completely sealed and I don't worry about water if it gets wet.

How are you going to mount a motor to the front fork ?
By M365GUY
[with the odd ball axle on the B2 motor it makes it rather difficult to mount to a front fork, I have changed the axle on the motor with a threaded end part from a junk motor I had. It worked fine, most axles are pretty similar with exception to length and wire exit.
I was thinking about doing a dual motor setup on a B2 but it makes more sense to just have 1 way overvolted motor. Unless you need to pull something and require massive torque it's kinda pointless,but still fun.
I'm very interested to see what you got going on. So post some pictures. I can take my base plate off later and add some pictures. Might help you see how you can make the base deeper without needing to 3d print anything.
You can make it so the bottom plate is just one piece with sides attached as tall as you want.
I'm building a 72v pack to fit in there.
By Randomdude0977
Wow, looks impressive. So i can fit two bird 2 battery inside without needing to print anything? Or maybe the front and rear part?

Thank you for youre help
By Randomdude0977
M365GUY wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:33 am
Just use aluminum square tubing and drill holes to line up with the large bolts along the sides. I used 1/2 x 1" to give me an additional inch of room in the bottom. And yes cut off the battery case part along the side so you just end up with a bottom plate. You can Make front and back spacers also to fill the gap. Mines completely sealed and I don't worry about water if it gets wet.

How are you going to mount a motor to the front fork ?
Hos dis you Seal them?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]