An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By Colburn
boingo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:59 pm
Colburn wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:40 pm
Nice set up, is this a bird with a JUMP external battery ?
This is a rescued foldable segway ES1 with external battery.
Ahh! A rescued JUMP or BIRD?
By kapranos
Colburn wrote:
boingo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:45 am

This one works with eBay 36v 350w controller so far so good the small size allows to be placed inside the tube, the LCD allows to change speeds/gears, the brake also works but not very strong, it allows to turn on/off the led light, the battery charge discharge is working in parallel with separated circuit charging from original charge port on the external battery, LCD as zero start option.
Nice set up, is this a bird with a JUMP external battery ?
Wow! is the best setup i ever see,congrats!

can you provide the link of the controller+ screen?

did you use some additional electronics?

best regards
By kapranos
boingo wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 am
Colburn wrote:

Wow! is the best setup i ever see,congrats!

can you provide the link of the controller+ screen?
Option #2
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250W-1500W-B ... 1042971011

Colburn wrote:
did you use some additional electronics?
No just the connections needed for the throttle and brake and the battery parallel wirering.
Thank you very much! can you provide some simple schematic of the connections? i have some skills on electronics but i dont wanna broke something

thanks
By John Deer
boingo wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 am
No just the connections needed for the throttle and brake and the battery parallel wirering.
Can you share these diagrams?

Thank you
By boingo
John Deer wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Can you share these diagrams?

Thank you
I don't have a diagram but is simply match the colour of the wiring for the throttle and brake, red is always positive and black always negative. Connect the thick battery wires red to red black to black these are the discharge wires and the thin ones also red to red black to black and this ones are the charge wires. Simple as that use you preferred connectors I use XT60 for the discharge and simple molex connectors for the charge.
By Jameskay
boingo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:45 am

This one works with eBay 36v 350w controller so far so good the small size allows to be placed inside the tube, the LCD allows to change speeds/gears, the brake also works but not very strong, it allows to turn on/off the led light, the battery charge discharge is working in parallel with separated circuit charging from original charge port on the external battery, LCD as zero start option.
Amazing job
Is the speed reading accurate? Does the display allow you to set the wheel size so small since it's meant for a bike?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]