An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By guisar
Bird scooters will no longer be going up in value in Atlanta. According to Marcus with Bird support the value of the Bird will be based on the battery percent at the time it comes on the map. This amount ranges from $3 to $5 and will not go up in value. ..

Looks like the $100+ payout days are over. :(

By JJ434
Since this was handed down, in our market about 50% of the fleet is always available on the charger map at 0% battery for $3. Its day seven or eight and the majority of those scooters are still sitting where they died a week ago. Charging at $3/$4 leaves no room for any profit even at a low dollar per hour valuation. It's just not worth chasing $3 & $4 scooters. In due time this will force Bird to reevaluate the payment structure for the laborers they rely upon as opposed to exploiting the ignorant.

What can you do about it?

Refuse to charge $3-$4 scooters. It does have an impact even if you believe it does not.
By guisar
@JJ434 Im with ya. Noticed this scooter hidden on top of a retaining wall, about 10 feet from the ground. A month ago this would have been an easy $10+ scooter and I would have found a way to grab it. Now nope! It’ll be interesting to see how long it stays there.

Kinda hard to see in the photo but I am (now suppose I was) a pro at finding high dollar Bird scooters.

Fellow Atlien here. Sitting at PCM and this is the view of the bird charger map. It’s been awhile since I charged and it may never happen again. No longer worth it, I can make more money Uber driving. Kinda sad...

By JJ434
Notice how the $5 birds are spaced out as opposed to grouped? It is truly to capitalize on the chargers that will put low dollar scooters in their capture just because they are close or in the area of the $5 bird. Often nights the map has one $5 scooter at each point on the map, North, south, East, West.
Its been a full week since I captured a scooter and will no longer be planning to if only 3-5 five dollar scooters are on the map each night.
By Koobdan
JJ434 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:00 pm
Notice how the $5 birds are spaced out as opposed to grouped? It is truly to capitalize on the chargers that will put low dollar scooters in their capture just because they are close or in the area of the $5 bird. Often nights the map has one $5 scooter at each point on the map, North, south, East, West.
Its been a full week since I captured a scooter and will no longer be planning to if only 3-5 five dollar scooters are on the map each night.
It's a bait and switch! Bet those $5 scooters aren't even there. Bird is using them to lure chargers to the area to get that high bounty scooter and e left with a bunch of $3 ones.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]