An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

What's happening in the world of dockless transportation
By Edmund
The shared electric scooter company Bird sent out the email below recapping their progress over the past year.

Here are some interesting stats shared.
  • 10,000,000+ Clean Rides
  • 12.7 Million pounds of CO2 emissions avoided
  • 14.3 Million miles (574 orbits around the Earth)
  • 2.1 Million unique riders
  • 1.43 Avg mi/ride
  • 50k Free helmets shipped
  • 292 Years Birding vs sitting in traffice
  • 100 Cities
Bird Year One

Bird, the leader in Rideshare 2.0, today marked one year of progress in delivering on its mission to reduce the number of cars on the road. Today also marks the anniversary of the introduction of Rideshare 2.0, the phenomenon which started when Bird was the first to introduce dock-free, shared e-scooters last September and now provides people in cities globally with clean, convenient, and affordable transportation alternatives.

Bird was founded to help create a cleaner and more hospitable world that prioritizes people over cars. Since creating and introducing the concept of shared e-scooters a year ago, people all over the U.S. and the world have opted to exchange short cart trips for clean Bird rides.

“Thank you to our amazing community of city partners, riders, chargers, mechanics, and employees who’ve helped us bring about this next phase in ridesharing, helping countless people and cities all over the globe start the transformation of urban transportation into one that is clean, convenient, and affordable.”
— Travis VanderZanden, Bird founder and CEO.

LEARN ABOUT RIDESHARE 2.0

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]