An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
The LTE Cellular modem on the Lyft brains are Digi XBees that are worth about $100
On the ’Bird Brain, its the thing marked ”Quectel” and has similar value.
It would be fun to figure out what functions their pinouts are supposed to do as a scooter is unlocked, running, etc. But unless one wants to subscribe to a tracking service or connect it to some other machine, its sort of pointless to keep it if ultimate goal is ”privatize” or otherwise conceal a stolen scooter.
@druinthor

My question, is if I take the splitter, in the picture you posted, the scooter becomes like a “Bird scooter”. Reason I’m asking is because before I learned to do this project, I directly plugged in a circuit board I bought into the Lyft scooter and blew it up. Let me tell you, I did not expect that because I plugged it into a Bird and it worked great but the scooter was destroyed, so I said the Lyft ones are new and great. Little did I know when it exploded on my hand and that thing hurt. So back to my question, is it just the splitter I need to work on, to avoid a explosion on the circuit board? Remove splitter and connect it back to the Bluetooth board and I’m back to stock, where it won’t explode again?
jventura wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 am
@druinthor

My question, is if I take the splitter, in the picture you posted, the scooter becomes like a “Bird scooter”. Reason I’m asking is because before I learned to do this project, I directly plugged in a circuit board I bought into the Lyft scooter and blew it up. Let me tell you, I did not expect that because I plugged it into a Bird and it worked great but the scooter was destroyed, so I said the Lyft ones are new and great. Little did I know when it exploded on my hand and that thing hurt. So back to my question, is it just the splitter I need to work on, to avoid a explosion on the circuit board? Remove splitter and connect it back to the Bluetooth board and I’m back to stock, where it won’t explode again?
Correct. You just need to remove the splitter cable before connecting your Ninebot control board.
jventura wrote:
@druinthor

I was able to repair one of the boards I exploded by replacing the 100uf capacitor and a small surface mount inductor next to the switch. Let me know what you are going to do with your blown one, I might be interested in buying it off you to see if I could repair it too.
were you able to video how to remove splitter and connect it. back to bluetooth board. I am bit of confusing with the question.
wu wear wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:31 am
jventura wrote:
@druinthor

Correct. You just need to remove the splitter cable before connecting your Ninebot control board.
I replaced the brains with what I believe is an after market board, I can't get the scooter to move though. I fried the LED after plugging in the board without removing the power injector, as I forgot to remove it.

I can connect in Mi Home, see battery info, control lights, brakes work (turns on rear light) and voltage across hall effect sensor works for throttle. Voltage at battery plug reads normal, so one of the fuses is fine. The model is a 16133, which on some forums state is a 'dual fuse' model. Does anyone know where additional fuses are? Seems like the LED fried (can't light up with 6V power supply), but the board survived, which has me concerned about damage to motor controller/BMS or elsewhere.

I don't have an android on hand, but should be able to get one shortly. Would flashing a custom firmware possibly fix this issue? I'm curious if there is some type of firmware issues.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]