An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
My law firm represents a bunch of Bird and Lime riders who were seriously injured when the scooters malfunctioned (for example, shut down mid-ride - GPS connectivity cut out?). We want to hire a scooter tech expert who can explain to us and testify about why the tech issues happened. Preferably someone who used to work for Bird or Lime. Anyone in this forum fit the bill?
scootsafely wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:22 pm
My law firm represents a bunch of Bird and Lime riders who were seriously injured when the scooters malfunctioned (for example, shut down mid-ride - GPS connectivity cut out?). We want to hire a scooter tech expert who can explain to us and testify about why the tech issues happened. Preferably someone who used to work for Bird or Lime. Anyone in this forum fit the bill?
Scooterhacking would have more knowledgeable people, but to be honest there's not a lot of us in this community who would probably support the type of lawsuit you are going after.

Most of the injuries come down to inexperienced riders and I have yet to see any real case where the vehicle actually malfunctioned and the rider didn't just not see a road hazard.

When GPS connectivity is lost the scooters come to a soft stop. I have several that were former rentals purchased at impound that I have messed around with their rental firmware before converting them and they all come to a graceful stop I have yet to encounter one that has had a serious unaddressed flaw.

What I have encountered a lot more of is people going too fast while under the influence, people trying to do tricks or treating the vehicle in an unsafe way, or just people plain being unaware that they shouldn't be riding in active traffic. All of these are unfortunately usually won in court which just makes there be more restrictions for the rest of us law-abiding citizens.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]