An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
ramydu18 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 am
mdbls wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:02 am
Every M365 Bird scooter in Paris is getting replaced by OKB models. Guess they are tired of this sh*t aha. Couldn't see one in days / weeks.
Hello are you that all bird scooter have ben remplaced ? C'est relou je voulais me lancer
Yes, every bird model in Paris have been either stolen or replaced by the bird zero model.
Niles wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 am
ramydu18 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 am
mdbls wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:02 am
Every M365 Bird scooter in Paris is getting replaced by OKB models. Guess they are tired of this sh*t aha. Couldn't see one in days / weeks.
Hello are you that all bird scooter have ben remplaced ? C'est relou je voulais me lancer
Yes, every bird model in Paris have been either stolen or replaced by the bird zero model.
Woops. Vraiment désolé, j'ai abusé :D
Ben J wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:25 am
Yes, every bird model in Paris have been either stolen
Or thrown in the canal... :twisted:
There's a shitload of VOI located in the Seine lately :lol:
Hey UncleDave - Does the purple one accept CFW?
The blue clone one (as in your photos) that I got from a China ebay seller...does not.

it says 1.4.2 in Mi app and I can connect to it with m365_downg but I cannot downgrade the firmware

Nick
UncleDave wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:43 pm
Dhouston582 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm
UncleDave wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:36 am
I was able to repair one of the boards I exploded by replacing the 100uf capacitor and a small surface mount inductor next to the switch. Let me know what you are going to do with your blown ones, I might be interested in buying it off you to see if I could repair it too.

After I blew up the first two that I got from China (blue ninebot ones), I purchased replacements from a great eBay seller located in San Diego that ships very quickly for $40 each and they are purple ones. They work great with the M365 Tools app, didn't try Mi Home though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113285796548
Looks like Ebay may have removed the sellers account I was gonna try to snag some of these cause I'm near SD lol
They just cancelled that listing. He is still selling stuff though and the boards are now $5 less than when I bought mine, or still $40 including a dash cover.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/ynottnom/m.html
I just tried a blue counterfeit dash on a lyfty. I did remove the extra wiring at the control board. When I go turn on the dash it lights up and flashes 60 times and turns off. When I try to connect with android and iOS I mostly get connection failure. If I'm lucky to connect with segway or mi home, I'll get disconnected withing a few seconds. It doesn't read much info when it does. m365tools does connect but I get disconnected fairly quickly and it doesn't read anything like battery info or serial, its all blank. I see this thread says most bluetooth apps don't work.
Besides this, I can't ride the scoot. won't accelerate or anything. It just turns itself off after 60 seconds.
What do you guys think???
My attempt is close to complete but throttle doesn’t seem to work. It connects to the mi home app which says the scooter is locked for 3 hours. Is this because the scooter was rolling when originally a bird and sent to impound? A couple others have had this issue with no reply. I’ve tried unplugging all power and waiting 3 hours with no luck.
Here's a fun one: I've started seeing the M365 scoots on street corners, with the brains ripped out and sometimes with the bottom covers off. Does anybody know what's up with that? Can Bird disable them some other way, or just homeless people etc messing around?
narusee wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:05 pm
Here's a fun one: I've started seeing the M365 scoots on street corners, with the brains ripped out and sometimes with the bottom covers off. Does anybody know what's up with that? Can Bird disable them some other way, or just homeless people etc messing around?
People vandalize them, and steal parts. Something none of us around here would do!
Weird, thanks. I picked one up at impound auction, and after ordering a board I noticed one on the streetcorner wit the top brain ripped out and the bottom cover missing. However, the battery and control board are still in it, and the battery even seems charged (blinking blue light).

Just thought, like, IDK? Someone going to steal a battery, getting 99% of the way there, then abandoning it? Weird. Kinda wish I'd found it before I went to the auction. Can you report broken birds?

eBay
humanbeing21 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm
UPDATE Dec 30, 2018 - If you like this topic make sure to check out my latest hack of Bird's Segway scooter.

Came across a conversion kit on eBay to turn Bird's Xiaomi MIJIA M365 scooter into a personal unit. The expected delivery date is longer than I'd like, Nov 5 - 15th. Fingers crossed this works. :D

Be on the lookout for a full review once it shows up.

Circuit Board Dashboard Bluetooth Module Part For Xiaomi Mijia M365 BIRD Scooter

Note: Some eBay sellers are shipping reproduction Circuit Boards. Some users have reported issues pairing the scooter to the Mi Home App when using these boards. Refer to this post to see how to tell a real from a fake. Big thanks to @wu wear for figuring this out.

Bird Model This Works With
Xiaomi MIJIA M365
Do you have any good links for the correct circuit boards? I can't find a good seller.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]