An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By 07Gevish
For those that were wondering and im sure there are few that were....The M365 36v 250w motor can be swapped for something with a bit more power. Now the Segway Ninebot ES2/ES4 carries 36v 300w motor so in theory the swap between the two is possible....well just wanted to let ya know it can be done with a just bit of rewiring.
By Ben J
Thats cool.
Is that tyre smaller diameter, or just missing the fender make it look smaller ?
By 07Gevish
Ben J wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm
Thats cool.
Is that tyre smaller diameter, or just missing the fender make it look smaller ?
The wheel is same 8.5in however the ES2 tire is solid with a lower profile than one from M365 so the scooter has a bit of a decline forward. Still trying to find a way to just replace the rear one same size as front with keeping the disc brakes since ES2 doesn't employ brakes in the back.
By Alex Kist
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:10 pm
Ben J wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm
Thats cool.
The wheel is same 8.5in however the ES2 tire is solid with a lower profile than one from M365 so the scooter has a bit of a decline forward. Still trying to find a way to just replace the rear one same size as front with keeping the disc brakes since ES2 doesn't employ brakes in the back.
Could you take off the m365 front tire & tube and add to the ninebot motor? Have you tried it with the Bird Zero motor? Are they all 8.5in wheels?
By TIER
ES Motor with M365 wheel sounds nice. Should even go faster because of the larger tire.
By Hherbson
07Gevish wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:55 pm
For those that were wondering and im sure there are few that were....The M365 36v 250w motor can be swapped for something with a bit more power. Now the Segway Ninebot ES2/ES4 carries 36v 300w motor so in theory the swap between the two is possible....well just wanted to let ya know it can be done with a just bit of rewiring.
Nice Gevish!

I have a feeling your going to come up with a real frankenstein soon. I've been thinking of getting a cheap harbor freight welder so I can weld aluminum "stuff" together, then the sky's the limit. I'm trying to think of uses for those main ES batteries in the tube. They're very nice and compact, and would stack like firewood. Plenty cheap at the auction.......

Isn't this crazy? It would be like 20 years ago, companies started leaving lawn mowers and big screen TV's on the sidewalks. Is it just me, or does this strike anyone else as slightly ridiculous? Meanwhile, Walmart has security camera's and warnings with monitors that show your face every 6 feet in the makeup isle.

Must be the bold new business model of todays generation....... or something.
By markovitch
All these scooter startups are the essence of iot security and expenses minimization.

(Would love to get a m365 bird, that HQ motor + no crappy folding mechanism...)

So far I'm happy just using Lime ES2 ;) The suspension feels nice, acceleration is a delight.
By cooter
Edriska512@gmail.com wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:23 pm
I tried swapping motors and it works but runs super slow anyone know whats wrong with it?
Xiaomi motors are only weaker on "paper."
The 250W xiaomi motor, like on the m365 is more powerful than the 300W ESx motors.

The m365 has better acceleration and speed than any of the ESx motors
(gen1 had a 250W motor, at least for the ES1 and ES3. gen2 ESx all had 300W motors. )

If you're gonna upgrade again, now that it's been a couple years, go for a 300 or 350W xiaomi motor. Or possibly a segway 350, but a xiaomi 350 is a better bet.... or just buy a 500w motor online (not 500 peak)

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]