An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By RSB0
I saw that repository but you only got the binaries sadly no procedure on how to flash...

M365 has an Android app for the flashing of original and custom firmware.

The Russian ESMAX firmware promise custom firmware to the Ninebot ES but it’s not available yet and it will be paid and no guaranty it will work on migrating rentals from custom (rental) to custom (esmax) firmware.

Have you find any guide on how to flash via USB-JTAG?
By Anonymous2
RSB0 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm
I saw that repository but you only got the binaries sadly no procedure on how to flash...

M365 has an Android app for the flashing of original and custom firmware.

The Russian ESMAX firmware promise custom firmware to the Ninebot ES but it’s not available yet and it will be paid and no guaranty it will work on migrating rentals from custom (rental) to custom (esmax) firmware.

Have you found any guide on how to flash via USB-JTAG?
No, but in theory you just need to connect to the jtag ports on the controlboard to a usb port, then run JTAG programming software and flash the new firmware. Hope someone with JTAG experience is currently reading this and can get this to work.
By MikeSnow
I have connected a jtag and was able to erase and write to the flash memory. Only problem is to find a hexdump of the original firmware. It's read protected so you can't simply read out the original firmware.
By Anonymous2
MikeSnow wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm
I have connected a jtag and was able to erase and write to the flash memory. Only problem is to find a hexdump of the original firmware. It's read protected so you can't simply read out the original firmware.
Whats the difference between hexdump and the bin files published on GitHub, you can't flash it or what? Or can't you use a BIN file to HEX converter?
Last edited by Anonymous2 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]