An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Gahrlaag
Hi!
New member here!
So I just have one question. Is it enough to just replace the dashboard or do I need to replace the entire control board inside the tube?
By James007
Gahrlaag wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:12 pm
Hi!
New member here!
So I just have one question. Is it enough to just replace the dashboard or do I need to replace the entire control board inside the tube?
If you are lucky, just changing the dash might work. Depends on which scooter you have. If you have the one with the green higo connector, than you will need to change the controller too. Which can be problematic if you can't activate it.
By James007
Gahrlaag wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:35 pm
It's an ES2 from VOI.
You need a control board, as well as the dash.
Those scooters have a special control board, so you need to replace it, as well as the dash.
And you need a way to write the original serial number to the new control board. When you buy
the control board, ask the seller, how to write the serial number and avoid error 35(default serial number).
Also there is no guarantee that this will work. It has work for some people without problems, others have
had problems. So you take a chance!!! Be sure to buy original segway/ninebot parts if you want to try!
By James007
Gahrlaag wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:20 pm
Oh! Ok! Do you happen to have any reputable sellers that can manage to provide what I need?
I don't. But in the forum here, there are some recommended sellers. I'm still talking with some of the sellers in China on the serial number activation. Apparently they are all resellers on ebay and aliexpress. They have to contact their wholesaler and drop shippers to get any info!
By MikeLee
HOLDMOSER wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:54 pm
Hi everyone!
Greetings from MVD, Uruguay!
So today was the first day of the new service of scooters in my city, and the government it's going to ban them so I'm preparing to Hack/Convert one for me.
What I can tell so far from them it's that they are from Segway (Probably ES2/ES4 idk the difference between them), they DO NOT HAVE A BOX TOP and they require Bluetooth to use them. (Next I'll attach some photos to give context). https://imgur.com/a/C44mmsq

So i was wondering.. where's the GPS and SIM card that communicates with the service provider? On the handlebar tube?
Also I've a few more questions to get me started. Sorry I'm a newbie :(
The process should be the same as in the first post of this forum?
I need to buy the same parts of that post?
In the case of me doing everything properly and get the scooter functioning I'll be able to connect it to the Segeway app?

Thank you all, and sorry again, I'm just getting started on this!
i also want to know,VOI company also,require bluethoot for use.
We canot see battery level info.
As far i remenber they dont say gps tracked.
If it have sim card where is?
Also have trackers on downside?
I try to go find one in app ,seems alone, and arrived to local there is no scooter at all....even on app says there is,any help?
ty
By Gahrlaag
James007 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Gahrlaag wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:20 pm
Oh! Ok! Do you happen to have any reputable sellers that can manage to provide what I need?
I don't. But in the forum here, there are some recommended sellers. I'm still talking with some of the sellers in China on the serial number activation. Apparently they are all resellers on ebay and aliexpress. They have to contact their wholesaler and drop shippers to get any info!
Cool, so I guess I'll just have to sit tight for a while.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]