An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Ben J
James007 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am
Jonnyboi wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 am
Does anyone know how to saftely deasamble a segway ninebot scooter es2 with extra battery that is currently on?
Dont want to get electrified! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMKUIi2EJY
Electrified ? Seriously, somebody fearing electric shock from a scooter, has no clue of the mechanical world they live alongside of and should not be taking one apart anyway.
But then again, nobody likes getting shocked. Maybe thats why the Chinaman is wearing rubber gloves. Perhaps he knows something we dont ??
By shipon7
MarcusRab wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:23 pm
druinthor wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Missamerica wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:38 pm
Hi... it seems like some steps are skipped in the first post. How do you get the box off?
On top of the box is a large black sticker. Pull that off to reveal the screws holding it together.
If you look at my post.. you can skip that step. To make things quicker, this is the steps:

Check out my post to see the screws im refering to...

1. Take out the 4 screws that hold the handlebar to the vertical frame (check picture for the 4 screws)
2. Unplug the black cable with the blue tip
3. Inside the handlebar tube there will be 2 screws, then a cap, remove screws, remove cap
4. Pop light out
5. Remove remaining 2 screws that hold the bird's brain to the handlebars, Unplug headlight and other wires, remove bird brain
6. Put in new dashboard
7. Reverse disassembly instructions.

That's it.
Just wanted to make a post that I was able to convert a bird ES4 using pretty much this exact method here.

It works flawlessly, but it was already updated to the latest firmware. I can lock/unlock from the phone, change the scooter name. I can power the scooter on and off with the power button as well as power the headlight. I can't change modes (i.e., sport) but i think that's a firmware thing. Everything works great.

I don't have an iphone but android still doesn't have light changing functionality.

Cheers everyone
By Edumadz
Tristles wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Hey! Trying to convert a Lime/Bird ES4 (Don't know which share service it was exactly, bought it second hand and realized that it was from one these companies afterwards.) It does have the official Segway Ninebot logo on it, with no outside branding. I found a comment on these forums posted with the login for an admin account, logged in, and went to change the serial number but got an error saying:
" The current vehicle serial No. is not the factory serial No., modification is not allowed. "

All I replaced was the dashboard from one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZ ... UTF8&psc=1 (The original that came with the scooter had no bluetooth). Also, since installing the new dashboard, I'm getting an issue where the speed is lowered to 12mph when the headlight is on and 16mph when the headlight is off. Side note; On the old and new dashboard, I am unable to change the mode by double-tapping the button.

When connecting via android, I'm not prompted to update the firmware, but when connecting with an iPhone, it states there is a FW update but the update fails.

Any help would be super appreciated. I bought this without any knowledge of the E-Scooter world and I'm in way over my head.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.
Hi, did you solve it? it happens the same to me. I need help!! :cry:
By James1234James
Edumadz wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 am
Tristles wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Hey! Trying to convert a Lime/Bird ES4 (Don't know which share service it was exactly, bought it second hand and realized that it was from one these companies afterwards.) It does have the official Segway Ninebot logo on it, with no outside branding. I found a comment on these forums posted with the login for an admin account, logged in, and went to change the serial number but got an error saying:
" The current vehicle serial No. is not the factory serial No., modification is not allowed. "

All I replaced was the dashboard from one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZ ... UTF8&psc=1 (The original that came with the scooter had no bluetooth). Also, since installing the new dashboard, I'm getting an issue where the speed is lowered to 12mph when the headlight is on and 16mph when the headlight is off. Side note; On the old and new dashboard, I am unable to change the mode by double-tapping the button.

When connecting via android, I'm not prompted to update the firmware, but when connecting with an iPhone, it states there is a FW update but the update fails.

Any help would be super appreciated. I bought this without any knowledge of the E-Scooter world and I'm in way over my head.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.
Hi, did you solve it? it happens the same to me. I need help!! :cry:
I'm also curious if you got this sorted. Mine is limited to 12mph.

Does anyone have an update on a admin login?
By HOLDMOSER
Hi everyone!
Greetings from MVD, Uruguay!
So today was the first day of the new service of scooters in my city, and the government it's going to ban them so I'm preparing to Hack/Convert one for me.
What I can tell so far from them it's that they are from Segway (Probably ES2/ES4 idk the difference between them), they DO NOT HAVE A BOX TOP and they require Bluetooth to use them. (Next I'll attach some photos to give context). https://imgur.com/a/C44mmsq

So i was wondering.. where's the GPS and SIM card that communicates with the service provider? On the handlebar tube?
Also I've a few more questions to get me started. Sorry I'm a newbie :(
The process should be the same as in the first post of this forum?
I need to buy the same parts of that post?
In the case of me doing everything properly and get the scooter functioning I'll be able to connect it to the Segeway app?

Thank you all, and sorry again, I'm just getting started on this!
By Jonnyboi
i Dont believe there is a gps in it, it probably uses your cellphone for gps cordinates when you activate and deactivate the scooter. Tho im not 100% sure, but the big companys like Lime Birc etc all have a big box for the gps so i dont see how this little company would know how to get rid of that?
By Ben J
My opinion also, I think that Uruguay scooter works similar to a ”brainless Bird”.
The phone ’app relays communication between rental headquarters and the scooter. Including updating scooters GPS location whenever rental is started and ended.
I dont think rental company knows where its scooter is in real time.
Only where it was last time a renter used it.
By HOLDMOSER
Ben J wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:08 am
My opinion also, I think that Uruguay scooter works similar to a ”brainless Bird”.
The phone ’app relays communication between rental headquarters and the scooter. Including updating scooters GPS location whenever rental is started and ended.
I dont think rental company knows where its scooter is in real time.
Only where it was last time a renter used it.
maybe, but in the app the scooters are showing their battery levels, although as you said that battery level could be the one of it last ride.
In my opinion they work the same as the exact model that Bird is using in their 'newer' scooters.
So at least I think they have a SIM card somewhere. Also they claim they're "GPS Tracked" as shown in the pictures.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]