An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Greetings,

I Recently acquired a impounded BIRD Segway Ninebot ES2, I replaced the dash and board. I have downloaded the app in itunes, However I am not able to do the following

1. Scooter can be turned on via power button on dash without bluetooth activated.
2. I can connect to bluetooth and see scooter stats and other features.

Would I need to get a controller to take care of those problems ?

Many thanks in advanced. :geek: :geek: :D
By James007
I just got my new dash and I'm having the same problems mentioned in this thread. I'm on firmware 0.1.3.4 and master control firmware v0. 5.0.5 I'm using android and ios.
Anyone figure anything new out? I'm stuck on the white S and 17mph. can't change speed modes, even though I've completed the tutorial.
James007 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 pm
I just got my new dash and I'm having the same problems mentioned in this thread. I'm on firmware 0.1.3.4 and master control firmware v0. 5.0.5 I'm using android and ios.
Anyone figure anything new out? I'm stuck on the white S and 17mph. can't change speed modes, even though I've completed the tutorial.
5.0.5 is birds firmware that cannot be removed. You either need to jlink and flash a new one or buy a new cboardz.
By TIER
kapranos wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 am
Yuo have to contact to the seller of the board/dash and ask for Ninebot credentials in order to change the serial number in the app

cheers
That doesn't work. Says no factory number not possible to change.
By RSB0
I saw somewhere that is possible to do somekind of MITM atack to the firmware update servers and put stock or modded firmware and force update but unfortunately there is not much info online about it... In theory it could remove the rental firmware.

People on the ninebot Onewheel community are more advanced on this kind of hacks and maybe we from the kickscooter community can use some of that info since the APP is the same.

Share what you find :)
TIER wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 am
kapranos wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 am
Yuo have to contact to the seller of the board/dash and ask for Ninebot credentials in order to change the serial number in the app

cheers
That doesn't work. Says no factory number not possible to change.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]