An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By JJ434
During a founding charger meeting with Bird, the fellow said that there may be weather related occasions where Bird will ask the chargers to delay the release or to hold the scooters an additional day. He explained that Bird would pay you an additional day on the scooter at the capture rate. Has anyone experienced this?
By Rocksta87
This happened in Raleigh last summer with the hurricanes. Chargers were paid for several days to just hold onto scooters. Cha ching! :mrgreen:
By Birdhouseinspect
Yesterday I recieved a email asking if I would be interested in participating in a program to hold and not release Birds at certain times. Since I just viewed and replied to this post I said yes. Later on I recieved a termination notice. I don't know if they are connected but seem odd.
By JJ434
Due to snow in our area, I'm currently on night 4 day 5 of having these seven Birds in my home. Snow caused Bird to have the fleet picked up early and held by chargers. By the end of it the seven scooters will pay out about $140 once the daily rate is compounded.
I learned that the technology in the app surrounding weather related holds is still under development. Example: All Birds in your tasks show as overdue at 7:01am the next day even in a weather situation. The result is the charger being locked out of the ability to capture more birds the next day. The help people tried to tell me I could catch more just to send photos upon release. Even though this directly contradicted what I read about collecting Birds with out scanning.
It has certainly been a learning experience. These things were captured on Sunday night and wont get released until Thursday morning. Lesson for me is to grab as many as possible the day/night before a weather system and just prepare to hold them if instructed.
By ScootyMcScoot
I’m in Austin & the same thing just happened to me yesterday. However, I didn’t get terminated until after the second “pilot program”. Also, never received the $2 bonus for the 3 scooters I held for an extra 4 days... :roll:

I’ve tried contacting support and haven’t heard anything yet and each request I’ve submitted has been closed without any response. Thanks, Bird...

F*ing ridiculous...
By JJ434
After much documentation and communication with Charger Support, I have found the info that I was given by the Bird employee at the charger meeting to be inaccurate. Bird did not pay the full balance of each scooter per day required to hold.
Out of the potential $168.20 they only paid out $81.60. Leaving $86.60 due and cited that the Bird employee gave inaccurate info and had an inaccurate slide in his power point deck.

Debit sent to Collections.
By blanxable
JJ434 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 pm
After much documentation and communication with Charger Support, I have found the info that I was given by the Bird employee at the charger meeting to be inaccurate. Bird did not pay the full balance of each scooter per day required to hold.
Out of the potential $168.20 they only paid out $81.60. Leaving $86.60 due and cited that the Bird employee gave inaccurate info and had an inaccurate slide in his power point deck.

Debit sent to Collections.
Wow, that is some bull. This company has tons of money and can afford to honor the promises their employees are making. Tells you a lot about the ethics of these people.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?