An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
ilan wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:20 pm
Hello @humanbeing21 - great post and initiative!
I wonder, what's the mileage on the rented scooters? (can be checked with the Mi Home app > options > speed and mileage > total mileage)
Cheers
the odometer is on the mi server. With Bird not communicating with the Mi server no miles were recorded.
@humanbeing21 Thanks for sharing your interesting project. Can you link me to the any auctions that hold those impunded scooters for sale? Any info will be very appreciated. (I am living in LA area but the auctions doesn't need to be located here). Thank you.
JimK wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:18 pm
@humanbeing21 Thanks for sharing your interesting project. Can you link me to the any auctions that hold those impunded scooters for sale? Any info will be very appreciated. (I am living in LA area but the auctions doesn't need to be located here). Thank you.
I haven't been able to find any recently. They are not usually published.
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 pm
the odometer is on the mi server. With Bird not communicating with the Mi server no miles were recorded.
:?:
This is quite fascinating. where is the online connection forms? when my phone connects to the scooter (via bluetooth) it allows it to communicate with the Mi servers? If i won't connect the app, the mileage on the scooter will not gain and show up?
wu wear wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 am
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am
wu wear wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:01 am

Based on the ninebot font and logo, that board is a fake. You won’t be able to use the Mi Home App or flash custom firmware. For Android use M365 Tools, iOS use DarknessBot.

Real OEM:

Fake:

I assume with the non-oem blue board flashing custom software isn't possible either.....
From my testing only the real OEM can be flashed with custom firmware. I haven’t tested with a clone board as I don’t have one. This may be more a limitation of the current tools used for flashing and it may be possible to add support.
I cant say for all purple boards but the one i have got seemed to support all of the above.
But it maybe a gamble and i got lucky.
UncleDave wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:36 am
I was able to repair one of the boards I exploded by replacing the 100uf capacitor and a small surface mount inductor next to the switch. Let me know what you are going to do with your blown ones, I might be interested in buying it off you to see if I could repair it too.

After I blew up the first two that I got from China (blue ninebot ones), I purchased replacements from a great eBay seller located in San Diego that ships very quickly for $40 each and they are purple ones. They work great with the M365 Tools app, didn't try Mi Home though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113285796548

Looks like Ebay may have removed the sellers account I was gonna try to snag some of these cause I'm near SD lol
Dhouston582 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm
UncleDave wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:36 am
I was able to repair one of the boards I exploded by replacing the 100uf capacitor and a small surface mount inductor next to the switch. Let me know what you are going to do with your blown ones, I might be interested in buying it off you to see if I could repair it too.

After I blew up the first two that I got from China (blue ninebot ones), I purchased replacements from a great eBay seller located in San Diego that ships very quickly for $40 each and they are purple ones. They work great with the M365 Tools app, didn't try Mi Home though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113285796548
Looks like Ebay may have removed the sellers account I was gonna try to snag some of these cause I'm near SD lol
They just cancelled that listing. He is still selling stuff though and the boards are now $5 less than when I bought mine, or still $40 including a dash cover.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/ynottnom/m.html

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]