An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Lime-itator wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:26 am
Here is the link to the control board I bought:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-Nin ... 5653PR3mL9

and here is the dashboard I bought but still not received (ordered today):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dashboa ... 4c4dz3RpYf
There's plenty of motherboards to Ninebot on the Ali like just You have posted. There's cheap (~$70) and original (~$170) versions but the cheap one are described as non-working with the Ninebot app. So is Your version really doesn't working with Segway-Ninebot app for mobile?

And how about registering a new unit - i mean a programing new SN of scooter. Should you and did You do that?
TIER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 am
Anyone tried turning a TIER scooter into a personal?

I dissembled an auctioned scooter to see what's inside. Do u think it's possible to get it functional by just changing the dashboard too?

Here are some photos what do u think:

- after I charged the scooter it is in a locked state and starts beeping, blinking and blocking the wheel when trying to move it.
- when I disconnect the GPS module the scooter starts beeping and blinking after a while.
- scooter doesn't appear in TIER app
- pressings or holding the power button only shows the battery level.
- I can't see the scooter when I scan for devices with Ninebot app.

Thanks in advance.
I am no Segway expert, But I would suspect a new 'dash wont work. It appears the GPS appliance is plugged into the VFD/mainboard and whatever "run-lock" commands from the GPS board are acted upon within the mainboard. Those commands could be simple analog voltage levels or more complicated serial communication.
hack lime wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 am
Guille MT wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 am
Last month I got a Ninebot ES3 (ES1 with external battery) from Lime. I ordered a control board and a dashboard from China and they finally arrived, here are my conclusions after installing them:
  • You need both parts to convert the scooter, after installing them and connecting to your phone you'll get error 35. This is fixed by changing the serial number via the app.
  • After you've changed the serial number the scooter is fully unlocked and works just as the commercial model.
  • You can use the Lime dashboard again once the serial number is updated, the scooter will remain fully functional but the screen won't turn on and you won't be able to connect it with your phone.
  • If you're unable to change the serial number (a customer support account is needed for that) you can still use the scooter, pressing the throttle while you turn it on and then releasing it.
  • If only the dashboard is replaced you'll get error 21 (unable to communicate with the internal battery), and the scooter will remain in a locked status.
Could you send us the link to the 2 parts from china that you bought ??
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Tablero- ... 63c0nO6QdM
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Scooter- ... 63c0nO6QdM
Shewush wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:30 am
Lime-itator wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:26 am
Here is the link to the control board I bought:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-Nin ... 5653PR3mL9

and here is the dashboard I bought but still not received (ordered today):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dashboa ... 4c4dz3RpYf
There's plenty of motherboards to Ninebot on the Ali like just You have posted. There's cheap (~$70) and original (~$170) versions but the cheap one are described as non-working with the Ninebot app. So is Your version really doesn't working with Segway-Ninebot app for mobile?

And how about registering a new unit - i mean a programing new SN of scooter. Should you and did You do that?
I got one of the cheap ones and just registered a new random serial number. If you ask the seller he'll usually give you login details for a customer support account for the ninebot app allowed to change SNs.
Mind Train wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm
Hi guys
That's my point of view on Lime ninebot

Green GPS box has two cables, one with cap on it is USB and debug UART , second one connected to ninebot control-board is DC and UART, its powering mobile unit with GPS and communicating with control board.

Control-board of the lime-s is blue with DC UART socket to communicate with GPS.

You can not bypass or change cables to make it work because it is all digital, problem is in blue board what has custom firmware [original ninebot has green board without UART ] that's communicating only with GPS unit, this firmware has turned off Bluetooth on the dashboard to make impossible to upload own firmware, you can do it only by JTAG. If you disconnect GPS unit and power on the ninebot you get only error message [that's not to bright to see it over dash cover] with wrench key and temperature indicator [or what is it] and scooter is in locked state impossible to move it, its applying electronic brake if detects move and beeping .

Dash board is seems to customized only by design with green power button with mechanical block element that's blocking power button to be pressed but you can easily remove it, other parts looks same like original ninebot .
Now i waiting to new main board arrive from China and try it to put new life in it.

If someone of you has a Bird ninebot [or Wind, Tier too if are you in EU or Israel] you can post photos of control-board and dashboard to make our knowledge stronger

And for those who have theory to change SIM, do not do it, SIM is only medium if you change the SIM the MeiG board is still calling same server but some interesting info, Lime in EU using US T-Mobile SIM card :D i want to know what roaming plans they have ...
The TIER mainboard in my scooter looks identical. It has the same connection to the GPS module. It is also in a locked state just like yours... :?
Last edited by TIER on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ben J wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm
TIER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 am
Anyone tried turning a TIER scooter into a personal?

I dissembled an auctioned scooter to see what's inside. Do u think it's possible to get it functional by just changing the dashboard too?

Here are some photos what do u think:

- after I charged the scooter it is in a locked state and starts beeping, blinking and blocking the wheel when trying to move it.
- when I disconnect the GPS module the scooter starts beeping and blinking after a while.
- scooter doesn't appear in TIER app
- pressings or holding the power button only shows the battery level.
- I can't see the scooter when I scan for devices with Ninebot app.

Thanks in advance.
I am no Segway expert, But I would suspect a new 'dash wont work. It appears the GPS appliance is plugged into the VFD/mainboard and whatever "run-lock" commands from the GPS board are acted upon within the mainboard. Those commands could be simple analog voltage levels or more complicated serial communication.
Thx for your reply.

Yes the GPS module is connected to the mainboard. But @humanbeing21 only had to change the dashboard to turn a BIRD into a personal scooter in this thread: https://scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1019

It also had a GPS module connected to the mainboard. :?:
Birds can become functional with just their dashboard replaced because that is what BIRD integrated themselves into. LIME and other varients integrated themselves into the control board. This would require a new control board. However, a control board for a bird or a dashboard form the other ones should make the other compatible.

I would like to ask. the black brick screwed onto the base. How is that fastened in. Security screws like the rest?
Jawhett1 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:25 pm
Birds can become functional with just their dashboard replaced because that is what BIRD integrated themselves into. LIME and other varients integrated themselves into the control board. This would require a new control board. However, a control board for a bird or a dashboard form the other ones should make the other compatible.

I would like to ask. the black brick screwed onto the base. How is that fastened in. Security screws like the rest?
Ok so the only solution will be to swap dash and mainboard. So I guess I'll better order a mainboard now before I need to wait another two month... :?

Yes the GPS module is screwed onto the front. They used the two existing holes that connects the big metal tube to the front wheel.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?