An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
I've had no problem with the m365. I just noticed a guy on Facebook selling a es4 for 400$ with as many torn up ones I found around town I wish I took more home to work on. Unfortunatly here they have taken all the birds. I dont trust lime as I have RENTED one for five minutes, Took the parked pic, and still the emailed me trying to charge me 100$ because someone took it off the street but I was the last one to use it.

So my question,

Is the burd es2, es4 modable, and then comparing it to the ease of the m365 hiw difficult is it ?

Those having repubke with m365 there is an app called m364_downg which allows you to flash and improve or lower max speed on your m365.

Bird just throws away broken scooters but this guy on fB is selling them 300 a pop
Hi there!

Thanks to all for such rich topic.

A friend of mine got a es4 at a local police auction that looked company branded (Europe), but was damm cheap he gave it a try.
This model looks a lot like what you call “brainless”, I had an compatible charger and it charges but it’s locked, Bluetooth device shows the company name.

So, I was not able to understand what to do exactly for this brainless models, just dash replace, or you nedd both dash+control ?
If there is no brain I think that somekind of factory/firmware flashing reset might do the work but was unable to find any info about it... any idea ?
Also the dashboard looks a lot like a stock one, what’s the differences between them?
Bluetooth chip is on the dashboard or in the control board ?
On a regular es4 how do you perform some factory/bluetooth reset, is it possible to replicate the process?

Next week i’ll bring some pics when I get to his home and help him disassembly.
BTW this brainless scooter had normal torx screws and not that kind of “security”.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Everyone

I just buy one Ninebot ES1 from Wind (scooter operator in Madrid,Spain) and i cant figured out how to make it work.

I buy one cheap charger from Ali and is charging great (have the external battery too)

But when i try to move it brakes/vibrate and makes some beep.

I open the scooter and have some different connetions that the standard ES1 Motherboard and i dont have the Wind GPS/Module (the seller destroy this part)

When i push the button of the motherboard only turn on/off the light,but i cant turn off or nothing more

This is what it looks like the lower part of my scooter (wheel)

https://imgur.com/a/tB0S9DN

And what should looks like from the original,i found in Youtube

https://imgur.com/a/3PBiWjG

This is what goes from the motherboard

https://imgur.com/a/YbVmeVV

The green cable from the motherbord comes with this "Adapter" but i cant connect to anywhere because the connector doesnt fit to the engine connector (this connection have 5 pins and the engine dont have any other connector than the yellow-brown-blue connectors and the other one what i connect to the motherboard

https://imgur.com/a/30VtAyG

I try to reset the scooter but it doenst appear in bluetooth or nothing,the dashboard only show the charge and one S in blue,no bluetooth logo

This is how it looks when is connected what i can connect

https://imgur.com/a/ZVNEmsU

I should buy one new motherboard/dashboard?

Thanks a lot
Anyone tried turning a TIER scooter into a personal?

I dissembled an auctioned scooter to see what's inside. Do u think it's possible to get it functional by just changing the dashboard too?

Here are some photos what do u think:

- after I charged the scooter it is in a locked state and starts beeping, blinking and blocking the wheel when trying to move it.
- when I disconnect the GPS module the scooter starts beeping and blinking after a while.
- scooter doesn't appear in TIER app
- pressings or holding the power button only shows the battery level.
- I can't see the scooter when I scan for devices with Ninebot app.

Thanks in advance.
Mind Train wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm
Hi guys
That's my point of view on Lime ninebot

Green GPS box has two cables, one with cap on it is USB and debug UART , second one connected to ninebot control-board is DC and UART, its powering mobile unit with GPS and communicating with control board.

Control-board of the lime-s is blue with DC UART socket to communicate with GPS.

You can not bypass or change cables to make it work because it is all digital, problem is in blue board what has custom firmware [original ninebot has green board without UART ] that's communicating only with GPS unit, this firmware has turned off Bluetooth on the dashboard to make impossible to upload own firmware, you can do it only by JTAG. If you disconnect GPS unit and power on the ninebot you get only error message [that's not to bright to see it over dash cover] with wrench key and temperature indicator [or what is it] and scooter is in locked state impossible to move it, its applying electronic brake if detects move and beeping .

Dash board is seems to customized only by design with green power button with mechanical block element that's blocking power button to be pressed but you can easily remove it, other parts looks same like original ninebot .
Now i waiting to new main board arrive from China and try it to put new life in it.

If someone of you has a Bird ninebot [or Wind, Tier too if are you in EU or Israel] you can post photos of control-board and dashboard to make our knowledge stronger

And for those who have theory to change SIM, do not do it, SIM is only medium if you change the SIM the MeiG board is still calling same server but some interesting info, Lime in EU using US T-Mobile SIM card :D i want to know what roaming plans they have ...
so whats stopping you from sniffing the UART connection and search some patterns in the protocol?
maybe its not even encrypted :roll:
TIER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 am
Anyone tried turning a TIER scooter into a personal?

I dissembled an auctioned scooter to see what's inside. Do u think it's possible to get it functional by just changing the dashboard too?

Here are some photos what do u think:

- after I charged the scooter it is in a locked state and starts beeping, blinking and blocking the wheel when trying to move it.
- when I disconnect the GPS module the scooter starts beeping and blinking after a while.
- scooter doesn't appear in TIER app
- pressings or holding the power button only shows the battery level.
- I can't see the scooter when I scan for devices with Ninebot app.

Thanks in advance.
I ordered just a dashboard from China.

In 2 month I will know if I need to wait another 2 month to get the scooter working. :cry:
Last month I got a Ninebot ES3 (ES1 with external battery) from Lime. I ordered a control board and a dashboard from China and they finally arrived, here are my conclusions after installing them:
  • You need both parts to convert the scooter, after installing them and connecting to your phone you'll get error 35. This is fixed by changing the serial number via the app.
  • After you've changed the serial number the scooter is fully unlocked and works just as the commercial model.
  • You can use the Lime dashboard again once the serial number is updated, the scooter will remain fully functional but the screen won't turn on and you won't be able to connect it with your phone.
  • If you're unable to change the serial number (a customer support account is needed for that) you can still use the scooter, pressing the throttle while you turn it on and then releasing it.
  • If only the dashboard is replaced you'll get error 21 (unable to communicate with the internal battery), and the scooter will remain in a locked status.
Guille MT wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 am
Last month I got a Ninebot ES3 (ES1 with external battery) from Lime. I ordered a control board and a dashboard from China and they finally arrived, here are my conclusions after installing them:
  • You need both parts to convert the scooter, after installing them and connecting to your phone you'll get error 35. This is fixed by changing the serial number via the app.
  • After you've changed the serial number the scooter is fully unlocked and works just as the commercial model.
  • You can use the Lime dashboard again once the serial number is updated, the scooter will remain fully functional but the screen won't turn on and you won't be able to connect it with your phone.
  • If you're unable to change the serial number (a customer support account is needed for that) you can still use the scooter, pressing the throttle while you turn it on and then releasing it.
  • If only the dashboard is replaced you'll get error 21 (unable to communicate with the internal battery), and the scooter will remain in a locked status.
Could you send us the link to the 2 parts from china that you bought ??

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]