An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Darn, mine did not come with the collar. So far I haven't had an issue but I'll need to pick one up.

Yes, the black rivet in the collar needs to be drilled out.

Lyft ones have a bolt instead of the rivet. The bolt is a T27 Security Torx. I tried drilling out the bolts which works ok, and also several brands of torx bits that would snap right off, but finally found some better quality ones that work well and got them in bulk. So if you are looking to put a folding pole on a Lyft scooter, PM me and I send you a couple bits for a few bucks so you can take it out quick, clean, and easy.

Hamad0611 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:25 pm
UncleDave wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:24 pm
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Darn, mine did not come with the collar. So far I haven't had an issue but I'll need to pick one up.

Yes, the black rivet in the collar needs to be drilled out.

Lyft ones have a bolt instead of the rivet. The bolt is a T27 Security Torx. I tried drilling out the bolts which works ok, and also several brands of torx bits that would snap right off, but finally found some better quality ones that work well and got them in bulk. So if you are looking to put a folding pole on a Lyft scooter, PM me and I send you a couple bits for a few bucks so you can take it out quick, clean, and easy.
I have a question how stable are these folding poles when riding to they unlock when In a fast ride. Just worried that they might unfold on me while on a ride. What’s the best way to make sure that they don’t unfold what screws and bolts need to be tighten to make sure that don’t happen
I feel pretty confident that they are not going to just pop loose while riding around, as the tension on the locking clamp is pretty tight and is also adjustable. But the best way is probably to make sure the pole you buy comes with the "locking rings" that are described in an earlier post by another user. Mine didn't come with those, so I purchased some from China and still waiting for them to arrive.
Just finished my conversion - works like a charm.
Got my unit dirt cheap, and didn't realize why until I opened it up. Someone laid it down and stomped on the mast, shearing all of the wiring in the handlebars. Took about 3 hours to strip and re-connect each tiny wire, insulate, and feed them back through the access hole before putting it all back together.
I'm ready to convert another, but my eBay seller is gone - anyone have a reliable source?
MunkyBoi wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45 pm
Just finished my conversion - works like a charm.
Got my unit dirt cheap, and didn't realize why until I opened it up. Someone laid it down and stomped on the mast, shearing all of the wiring in the handlebars. Took about 3 hours to strip and re-connect each tiny wire, insulate, and feed them back through the access hole before putting it all back together.
I'm ready to convert another, but my eBay seller is gone - anyone have a reliable source?
This eBay seller shows the correct Ninebot logo on the listing.

Circuit Board Dashboard Bluetooth Module Part For Xiaomi Mijia M365 BIRD Scooter
By OneMadCow
throwmeawaybro2515 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 pm
.... apparently there’s a bug in the board that is a common-ish problem where the headlight shorts out the board. So you can either have a working scooter, or a giant flashlight, but not both at once. Not the worst thing in the world.

Anyway, it’s not like I really care, but I can’t figure out how to connect to the scooter in the app.
Circling back on this. Are the issues due to it being a non-OEM board? If so, can I get a confirmation that these resolved with the correct board? The lighting is only an issue for the sake of a complete conversion.

Thanks! This is such an informative discussion.
By wu wear
OneMadCow wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 pm
throwmeawaybro2515 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 pm
.... apparently there’s a bug in the board that is a common-ish problem where the headlight shorts out the board. So you can either have a working scooter, or a giant flashlight, but not both at once. Not the worst thing in the world.

Anyway, it’s not like I really care, but I can’t figure out how to connect to the scooter in the app.
Circling back on this. Are the issues due to it being a non-OEM board? If so, can I get a confirmation that these resolved with the correct board? The lighting is only an issue for the sake of a complete conversion.

Thanks! This is such an informative discussion.
From my testing the fake boards don’t support custom flashing of firmware or the Mi Home app but the flashlight and scooter both work. The purple boards without the ninebot logo and usually with some Chinese writing are clones and these are meant for actual cloned M365 scooters. They work with an app called Fireplus (Android, iOS). I believe the clone boards are the ones that have issues with flashlights. The real OEM boards support everything no problem, custom flashing, Mi home app, flashlight, scooter, etc

Also it looks like bird is aware of people converting their scooters back to stock and obviously not a huge fan.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/11/scoot ... ournalist/
Last edited by wu wear on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wu wear wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:01 am
danimal wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:37 pm
Got my board today. Now I just need to find a Bird to try it in
Based on the ninebot font and logo, that board is a fake. You won’t be able to use the Mi Home App or flash custom firmware. For Android use M365 Tools, iOS use DarknessBot.

Real OEM:

Fake:

I assume with the non-oem blue board flashing custom software isn't possible either.....
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am
wu wear wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:01 am
danimal wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:37 pm
Got my board today. Now I just need to find a Bird to try it in
Based on the ninebot font and logo, that board is a fake. You won’t be able to use the Mi Home App or flash custom firmware. For Android use M365 Tools, iOS use DarknessBot.

Real OEM:

Fake:

I assume with the non-oem blue board flashing custom software isn't possible either.....
From my testing only the real OEM can be flashed with custom firmware. I haven’t tested with a clone board as I don’t have one. This may be more a limitation of the current tools used for flashing and it may be possible to add support.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?