An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
By WahooBal
I picked up a bird today that was practically destroyed. Computer unit on top ripped off, brakes lines cut, even rear wheel mud cover broken off. I definitely can't charge it. How much do you get compensated for picking up these wrecks? Is it worth it?
By druinthor
Depends if you were able to capture it. By your description I’m guessing you came across a damaged Bird and didn’t capture it through the app. If this is the case Bird won’t pay you for it. Might as well drop it off anywhere.
By Nottinghaam
I’m a bit unsure how to deal with damaged birds too. Yesterday I located a bird brain decapitated from its body. Its bounty was $20 so I captured it but being as there was nothing to charge I was not compensated for releasing it after marking it as damaged. I included location details and photographed it at the release point.

I’ve also located bird bodies without their brain which could only be identified by contacting support with the serial number.

Is it only birds that can be and are fully charged that we get compensated for upon release?
By guisar
Bird will compensate you for all Birds you capture. They just need to be notified through help in the app of a payment error. When I was a charger (now a mechanic) I was messaging them everyday to correct my pay. It’s worth the time.
By Spree1985
BEWARE OF DAMAGED BIRDS!!!! ITS CHALLENGING TO GET PAID FOR THEM IF AT ALL!!!!!!!!
You think we would be rewarded for finding offline and damaging birds but the truth of the matter is its very challenging to get support to issue credits. Im still trying to get to support to credit me about 5 birds 4 x$5.00 and 1x $17.00. I followed the steps/procedures and in the chat help they just glaze over it. This morning same issue 3 out 5 birds were damaged I messaged showed proff still waiting on a response. Its almost more of a hassle then its worth. 2 of my unpaid birds were units thats didnt charge. I have been ussued 2x $5 so far.
By Edmund
Spree1985 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:10 pm
BEWARE OF DAMAGED BIRDS!!!! ITS CHALLENGING TO GET PAID FOR THEM IF AT ALL!!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more. There have been many times I've passed on picking up a $5 Bird due to the shape that it's in. I'm pretty persistent with Bird and I've been lucky to have them correct my payout each time. It does take several requests going unanswered and has me question if it's worth it for the low dollar Birds.
By Spree1985
Im getting close to $50.00 in unpaid damaged scooters and errors no repsonse from the support except we are really busy email. Plus 2 out of the 6 scooters I picked up this morning a $15 and $11 scooter are not charging. So the extra time I spent tracking them down will not be compensated. Very frustrating Im hoping this all will be resolved. Im charging day in night in my area. I go out after I drop off and hunt tell the late after noon.
By WahooBal
UPDATE:

The bird with no bird brain? I still have it, couldn't capture it - and Bird help through the app STILL hasn't responded.
ANALYSIS: not worth it!

Another bird with the gray power cable disconnected:
Properly captured and logged into my tasks, could not charge, and the bird was at 0%. Released in a nest as per normal. Compensation? 0
Replies from bird help? 0
ANALYSIS: again, not worth it!

COME ON, Bird, there should be at the very least some incentive to get damaged birds off the street!!
By Spree1985
So after doing some research and reporting the birds *correctly*.
I WAS COMPENSATED FULLY YOU MUST REACH OUT TO SUPPORT.
You wont get credit if you send a help message saying bird SD25
was damaged, where is my money. etc.

After picking up more then 10-20 damaged birds. Ive learned the following:

1. Take a picture showing the charger hooked up to the bird. The Bird ID and charging light.

2. Respond with bird ID, If you marked it in the app, what was wrong, and the nest address you left it at.

3. Thank support when you receive credit. On your earning under the day you'll see a bird called SSXZ or something similar
thats your credit.

My messages go like this.

Bird ID: 1234 would not hold a charge. Charged overnight.
Marked Damaged in App. Left at nest: 1234 bird road, Los Angles, CA 54132.

They won't directly tell you this but if you don't report correctly you will not get compensated if done correctly you will get FULL compensation. Just be patience it sucks to work hard and look those earning just to see $0.00 by that bird you hunted like a MOFO, but it will come if you follow the procedure. In some ways, the damaged birds are better because the type of damage might keep it off a charger and you have space for another bird to charge in its place :D .

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]