An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
Bird is launching a white label platform for e-scooters. I heard about this from @AsherDeMontreal tweet who does a great job explaining it.

Here is the link to Bird's site where they explain how this'll work and below is a quick summary

Bird will charge a service fee on each scooter ride and in return provide the following.
  • Customized Branded E-Scooters
  • Customized Website
  • Charger & Mechanics Marketplace
  • Bird will provide e-scooters at cost
  • Open API
This is a way for Bird to move the insurance risk and go around the bad will they’ve built up in many communities. I’m torn if this is a genious business move or a sign of trouble. They would surely make more money running the business themselves. Perhaps they’re having trouble keeping up with the number of scooters they’ve out there.
budweiser wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:55 am
Makes me wonder if Bird knows there will be a slew of issues relating to who is liable. Accidents are always waiting to happen.

:x
Injuries and lawsuits are already happening. CNET recently wrote an expansive article on this.

CNET: Electric scooters are now disrupting wrists, elbows and heads

Here is a snippet from the article about liability.
You assume all responsibility
When you sign up to rent a scooter, you must click a button that says you agree to the app's terms of service.

This lengthy multiscreen agreement basically says users take on all responsibility for what happens during rides. Even when it may "result in injury or death to you or others," as Lime's agreement states.

That means if a car hits you, it's your responsibility. You hit a pedestrian? You're liable. What if the scooter's brakes fail? Still your fault.

"Rider agrees that Vehicles are machines that may malfunction," reads Bird's agreement. "Rider assumes full and complete responsibility for all related risks, dangers, and hazards."
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]