An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Shb38
Hello, I picked up an es400 tier outside my house and I would like to try to start it. I'm a beginner on the arduino etc.
do you have an explanatory diagram and how to make your own kit or if a charitable soul sells one i'm ready to buy it i would like to try to do it myself
By fast kill
Guys, I'd like to swap the electric motor for a 48v 1000W motor,

Any recommendations? I cant find any that seem to be easy to mount, plug and play
By yeet1234
UNLOCK GUIDE (Still needs some work, ECU Shuts down after 2 Minutes of driving with E28):
Hook up an arduino and an MCP2515 Interface. Remove the IOT From the scooter, but keep the wires in the handle, Out of the IOT come two cables, one goes to the electric battery lock, the other one to the display/Light unit in the handle, later which controls the ECU. The 5 wire Cable is the one we need. Connect the blue wire to black (ground). This enables CAN BUS recieving of the ECU. Be aware that the battery voltage is on the red wire, so shorting the red wire out will damage the scooter permanently. Connect the Yellow Wire to CAN_LOW and Green wire to CAN_HIGH of the MCP2515. The Jumper on the board has to be set. Now Download the CAN Dumps of an Scooter unlocking Rick posted in the start of the thread. Download the software of the Logic Analyzer he used. Open the biggest file in Ricks Archive. In the software there is an option to export the CANBUS Data as CSV. Do that. Now you'll need some programming skills since i can't provide my scripts due to a bad hard drive and my non-existant backup solution. Write some Arduino Code that Interfaces with the MCP2515 and just dumps the first half of the CAN Frames from the CSV file into the Scooter CAN. Somwhere in there are probably the necessary commands to unlock the scooter. Compile, Upload. Connect the Arduino to the Scooter. Connect the Arduino to 12V y voilá!
To-Do is now to find the keep-alive commands in the CAN Data. After two Minutes the ECU Shuts down and displays "E28" in the Display. It puts the Motor under voltage so you can't move it anymore. Disconnect the Black and Blue wire, this will shut down the ECU. Connect them again and re-do the CAN dumping, and repeat after two minutes....
By manhello
Hello guys,
I would to know if Tier ES400 can work with an universal controller?
If yes, what kind of controller? Do I have to bypass the battery?
If not, why? :)

Thanks in advance ;)
By thisisstan85
manhello wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:58 am
Hello guys,
I would to know if Tier ES400 can work with an universal controller?
If yes, what kind of controller? Do I have to bypass the battery?
If not, why? :)

Thanks in advance ;)
Use the search function.
By mayaku
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:38 pm
I felt forced to open up a new topic since nobody seems to read the original post of mine and still a lot Jerries try their luck with random UART codes to deal with the ES400 claiming they don't work while ignoring the content I gave them :cry:
I caught a living ES400 and did a record on its logic states, as far as I had my process DIO0 of my record (yellow line) seems to be CAN low @250khz, DIO2 seems t be some kind of CAN hight but due to the fact that I can just set the threshold for all channels in common on my logic analyzer it can't interpret the CAN high 1 and 0 levels correctly because CAN High has different levels and I was running out of time for a second run because someone else was already ringing for the scooter :roll:
I had to upload my records outside the forum because they got too big to be uploaded here due to the high sample rates of 5Msamples/s. So here's the link:

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... h.rar.html

It is compressed with Winrar, no PW and also includes pictures from the process. To open the record files use Waveforms that can be downloaded from Digilents website, it will run in demo mode without a piece of Digilents hardware attached but all decoder functions are available on the green little plus button even when the program sometimes is a pain in the *ss to use by zooming in and scroll left/right. I you need measuring cursors take the buttons in the upper right corner of the logic window. Have much fun with decoding, I'll use my next few days to build a data logger that can be installed inside a living ES400 to sniff the signal they're using to unlock the battery compartment when changing the battery as soon as I found out what protocol the board in the lock mechanism speaks :) And now let the race for the first unlocks begin :mrgreen: If you got questions let me know.
I guess nobody wants to provide any information for a simple demo download:
https://reference.digilentinc.com/refer ... s-versions

And here is the exported file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbKhnW ... sp=sharing

:D :D :D
By doctormord
Charging the battery is possible without any communication. The CHG-FET is triggered once the charger voltage is above the pack voltage. The BMS controller is a BQ76940 driven by an STM32F0.

The boards BMS pcb revision i refer to is "RP-13s-35A-007 V1.1".
By sunny
Bastholm wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:05 am
Just wanna let you guys know that the battery (i´m not a BMS geek or anything) is only working when using the scooter. Took one battery out and tried to use it with my ebike and it cut off power after 5 seconds. All the rental scooters have the same kind of BMS. So if you want to use the battery, you need to solder a new bms on
You do not need a new BMS .Get the -ve from the BMS -ve and positive from 13+Ve you are good to go . a BMS is useful to balance the cells while charging at least most BMS and protect the cells . In tier scooter case BMS doesn't need anykind of
CAN Communication to charge the battery and BMS works as good as it supposed to while charging. You just bypass the BMS while discharging
By sunny
If you are still trying to make it work in Oct of 2020 here is what i have done after reading all the forums and posts online.

Tier ES400 is CAN Controlled. Maybe you already read this somewhere .Here is the news flash battery , motor even the acceleration is CAN controlled. Without the CAN Communication developing knowledge . its impossible to make them work.

Solution
First disconnect the main computer GPS box whatever you want to call.

1.Solution for using the onboard battery....

You have basically a dead battey in a locked compartment which you need to crack open. Once you are in,if you still want to use the same battery cut open the battery case carefully , the battey is potted so you can not get the pack out of the metal compartment without cutting it open. Then bypass the BMS by taking negative from BMS and positve from no 13+ve terminal. Keep all the wires connected so you can still use the BMS function for charging the battey. To charge the battey you do not need to communicate with a CAN message. Once you have a battey ready you can connect it back to the charging port.

2. Disconnect the controller
You need a new controller . this is the only thing you need along with a 54v charger.
connect the new controller with the existing motor cables 3 mains 5 hall sensors you can leave the thin white cable away .if your controller has 6 sensor cables go for it. battey connection can be done later . so you have a controller and battery ready.

3. get the cables from the handle 4break cables two on each side can be connected parallel, 3acceleration cables can be directly connected to 3 cables on the controller. getting the handle cables are a bit tricky since you need to take abunch of screws out .

all thats left is connecting the battery to the controller , You have a working scooter.

total investment -30ish euros for the controller from AliExpress . i bought a 1000watts one.you can also go for 500 but 1000 gives me around 28kms but the torque is pretty good.
14 eur for charger

The dashboard won't be working but hey you have a bulky scooter that can literally take you off-road. i know mine does. you can also get an external display for info along with your controller.

i know this is really a dumb way to hack the scooter. but at the end of the day if you have working scooter without anylimitations why not.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]