An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
By mrmatsekh
I’m part of a startup that aims to make scooters legal and accepted by communities by introducing a network of charging docks. This, among other things, will help Chargers make more money. We’re launching beta soon, and I’d like to get as much feedback as possible from the Charger community to make sure we do this right.

Here's how we see the benefits for Chargers:
  • You save time. As our dock stations are placed at the Nests, you can leave Birds there for the night and we'll release them for you when they're charged. You earn the same from Bird but you save time on commute in the morning and can sleep longer.
  • You save money. You never get underpaid for accidentally releasing after 7am or because battery went under 95% while riding to the Nest. You also don't pay for electricity.
  • You make more money. We will pay you extra for taking scooters to our charging stations. Exact numbers TBD.
  • Less hustle at home. No need to carry Birds on stairs and your house won't be stacked with scooters.
  • You keep doing what you do best. Your routine stays the same. What changes is that you bring Birds to our dock stations instead of your home, and you don't have to release them.
If you're wondering how this is possible and where the money comes from, the short answer is it's from the initiatives to make scooters legal. Our startup helps not only Chargers but also riders, cities, and scooter rental companies. I’d appreciate any sorts of feedback: why this works or doesn’t work for you, what can be improved etc. If you'd like to sign up for beta - just message me or comment below, and we'll get in touch with more details.

p.s. Briefly about us: founders have worked with Lime, operated $100m+ companies, invested in 30+ startups.
Last edited by phpbb on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting, under your program all we have to do is round up scooters and bring them to your docking stations? This would eliminate my least favorite part of dropping off scooters before 7 am. That's a big plus for me.

What cities are you?
By mrmatsekh
humanbeing21 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:48 am
Interesting, under your program all we have to do is round up scooters and bring them to your docking stations? This would eliminate my least favorite part of dropping off scooters before 7 am. That's a big plus for me.

What cities are you?
Yes, that's correct, thanks for the feedback! We plan to start beta tests in New York(only Lime in NY :? ), but that might change depending on how fast we can grow the community of Chargers/Juicers as well as hosts for our docks. What city are you in?
The only thing keeping me from charging more scooters and earning more money is the space in my apartment. Not having to bring the scooters back home to charge would be a game changer. Sign me up when you come to Phoenix!

Will riders be compensated too if they return the scooters they are riding to a dock?
By mrmatsekh
surveyorandrew wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:45 pm
The only thing keeping me from charging more scooters and earning more money is the space in my apartment. Not having to bring the scooters back home to charge would be a game changer. Sign me up when you come to Phoenix!

Will riders be compensated too if they return the scooters they are riding to a dock?
Awesome! will do. Before that, are you available for a couple of follow up questions? To better understand some of the details of Charger's life?
Re riders: we haven't decided yet. There are arguments for both ways. For beta launch definitely not. Do you see any benefits or issues with that?
Sure I'm available for questions. Feel free to ask them in this post or send me a message.

The benefit of rewarding the riders for returning the scooters to the docs is it'll keep the scooter from cluttering up the sidewalks. Your company could also pocket the charger fee. At the same time this would cause less scooters available for chargers which would be a bummer.
I'm not sure how you'll be profitable with this business model but if I can make the same money from Bird and only have to bring chargers to your docks I'm all for it. I'm interest in joining when you come to Atlanta!
By mrmatsekh
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Could you please help answering few questions?
  • Which scooter models do Lime and Bird use? As far as we know Bird uses Xiaomi M365, Ninebot(Segway) ES2, and Electisan, and Lime uses Ninebot (Segway) ES2 and announced their own Gen 3 but haven't rolled it out yet. Is there something else? Which ones are the most popular?
  • How many times have you faced charging issues? (scooter stopped charging, charger got broken, an error is shown)
  • Have you ever noticed the charger or the scooter battery heat up? If so, how bad was it?
  • Does charging time differ for different types of scooters? (AFAIK average is ~5 hours)
  • Have Lime or Bird ever changed your charger after shipping the initial one? Did they mention they might change it in future?
Answering even one of the questions would be very helpful. And the more people answer the better, as we know things might be different from city to city. and just FYI, we signed up as chargers/juicers as well, now waiting for approval.
Which scooter models do Lime and Bird use?
You listed all the ones I've seen. Electisan is the most popular Bird.

How many times have you faced charging issues?
~15%

Have you ever noticed the charger or the scooter battery heat up? If so, how bad was it?
Hear about it but lucky enough to have never experienced it.

Does charging time differ for different types of scooters?
Electisan takes 7 hours to charge. The rest are 5 hrs.

Have Lime or Bird ever changed your charger after shipping the initial one? Did they mention they might change it in future?
Bird no. Lime charger me for shipping :x . No mention of more charges in the future.

Does Lime have a rich charging manual like Bird?
Rich is an overstatement but Lime does have.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]