An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By Koobdan
I've just started charging and just received my first three chargers from Bird. Wondering if I sign up for LIme will their chargers work for Bird scooters too and vise versa?

I'm trying to figure out how to get more chargers without paying for them.
By guisar
Here are the two types of chargers I've received from the Scooter companies. They are each compatible with every type of shared e-scooter from any company. Their specs are identical and operate the same.

LEFT CHARGER
Provided by Lime and Bird. The quality feels cheap but it gets the job done. The charger is manufactured by Shenzhen Fuyuandian Power co and sold primarily on Alibaba. The cord length is shorter than the charger on the right by 15 inches.

RIGHT CHARGER
Provided only by Bird and is the OEM charger for Bird's first generation of scooter Xiaomi MIJIA M365. The charger feels solid with quality coating on the cables. This is the preferred charger to get.

surveyorandrew wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm
I feel jipped :lol: ! All the chargers Bird and Lime have sent me were the Alibaba ones.

How can I get the good charger?

They only get one of those with each scooter they buy so the odds of getting those are slim. I wouldn't be too worry about it though because all of the 2amp ones are going to charge at about the same speed.
By druinthor
MargaritaChicken wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:02 pm
They only get one of those with each scooter they buy so the odds of getting those are slim. I wouldn't be too worry about it though because all of the 2amp ones are going to charge at about the same speed.
This is a really good point. Bird must have received an OEM charger for each Xiaomi scooter they purchased. Since they are moving to a new model scooter they won't be sending these out anymore. The charge time is the same between the two chargers so it doesn't matter which one you get.
When I first started for lime they still used old different chargers but they switched over in July. I ended up with 41 lime/bird chargers and then I got recruited for spin. I used to salivate at the thought of one day having 25 chargers. When I saw the mountain of compatible brand new Segway chargers at the spin warehouse and told them I was taking 12 home with me, they were like "yeah whatever".
By Koobdan
I came across this picture on Reddit. It appears their is a Segway charger and a Bird branded charger out there as well.

Will these work with any scooter like the other two mentioned in this thread?

Why are you even bothering to speculate on some random picture. You can't even see the plug ends that go into the scooter. How are you supposed to know?! (PS, I personally have all of those pictured chargers so I actually do know)
By Koobdan
SKIPzophrenic wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:10 am
Why are you even bothering to speculate on some random picture. You can't even see the plug ends that go into the scooter. How are you supposed to know?! (PS, I personally have all of those pictured chargers so I actually do know)
I wasn't speculating. By posting the picture I'm trying to determine if these chargers worked on all Bird and Lime scooters. This information will be helpful for new chargers, such as me, when looking to buy chargers.

Would you mind sharing if these chargers work with all scooters and any other specifics? Also, are there any other chargers out there than the ones pictured in this thread?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]