An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Sc00tr
Ligma wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 pm
Hey guys I just bought a spin scooter that was already converted but it won’t power down, any thoughts ? I tried pressing the buttons multiple times, holding it down, ect
Can you send a pic? Also is it still responding on the screen?
By Ligma
hey sorry for the late response. so i ended up removing that gps box and once i did that the scooter locked up and the dash was flashing with 35 on it. I can't send a pic because i was stupid and accidently fried the dash today(dont ask how). Ordered a new one online but i just need help installing everything. Bought the "St link V2" as well so it should be here soon. I hope i only have to flash the dash and not do anything else.
By Zachmeach
So I have a spin scooter and am trying to find out how to get it working, can I got wire it? What do I have to do??
By Sc00tr
Research...
Zachmeach wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:34 pm
So I have a spin scooter and am trying to find out how to get it working, can I got wire it? What do I have to do??
By htidwell1970
I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned their switch from the ninebot max to what appears to be a Electasan version with a rear fender like bird zeros and what appears to be slim black wedge of IOT module on the front. I haven't seen a single max version in the LA area since the first of the year. has anyone seen the Max in other markets or are they all the v3.0 Electasans like we have in LA?

If they are actually electasans like some of the limes and bolts I wonder if mr.spriggs stepdown+nano solution would be viable? has anyone tested these waters yet? I did some searching but came up snake eyes...
By Teslaguy
I know they still have the MAX scooters in Nashville. And yes, the new ones are electisan ES100G scooters. They're the same ones that Jump used. They can be hacked just like the Bird Zero.
By bilzbub
san diego is seeing these new 10"wheel spin branded electisians now. i managed to get my hands on a couple but its just easier all around to smack new batteries and a chinese controller and be done with it.. 30mph...

anyone else tried their hand at a conversion of these puppies?

also they use a different torx key .. like a star hex or something.. normal torx seem to not fit correctly.. any idea where i can get a set of these star security hex bits? thanks in advance.
By Sc00tr
It should just be security torx like most other scooters. Although Spin is usually known for security penta bits, I forgot to check those out last time I went downtown, but I'd assume they use mostly security torx with the key parts protected with security pent.

As far as conversion I believe they are the same as other okai's so hopefully your method to "get your hands on them" means you still have the GPS box because then you can just take out the tracking hardware and put an arduino in it.

Plus if you still have the tracking hardware you can reuse the julet/iot cables attached
bilzbub wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:23 pm
san diego is seeing these new 10"wheel spin branded electisians now. i managed to get my hands on a couple but its just easier all around to smack new batteries and a chinese controller and be done with it.. 30mph...

anyone else tried their hand at a conversion of these puppies?

also they use a different torx key .. like a star hex or something.. normal torx seem to not fit correctly.. any idea where i can get a set of these star security hex bits? thanks in advance.
By KCHound
Spin is using custom sizes of penta security bits for externally exposed fasteners. To my knowledge, bits for these aren’t commercially available.

I’m also interested in information on the tech side of converting these for personal use. I’m new to the forum so haven’t found a thread on this. What Okai model are these most similar to?
By bilzbub
I didnt even think about the Arduino. I have actually ordered 2 and am going to explore this route. You wouldnt happen to know whewre I can find some info for configuring Arduino for use with the spin okai? Thanks for your response, appreciated.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]