An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Slghmr
So I have a -legally obtained through auction- ninebot max SNSC2.0 G30 that was originally a lyft rental...

I plan to follow Santa’s incredibly organized and helpful tutorial to get this Max up and running...

I purchased this Max Clone Dash BLE Imagefrom EBay and it has No Labels on the pinout arrangement, and it’s location is even changed/different than the OEM version.

Has anyone else bought a clone G30 dash like this? Can someone help me identify what pins are what, so I can hookup my ST link and get it going? (Or do I even need to flash it? Can I get by just flashing the ESC and BMS?)

All of you guys blazing trails on this new endeavor are f...Ing awesome! Seriously!
its pretty easy if you know a bit about pcb, the first one where it says 3,3v is 3,3v aka the green wire, the square with the circle in it so al the way to the right is gnd, and the two in the middle is swdo swlk, what order im not sure but nothing can go wrong with trying both ways
By Maczilla
Why do you need flashing your clone Dashboard? They are usually ready to use. How much did you pay for it? Because i just bought a brand new oem Original ninebot g30 Dashboard for 25$ in AliExpress.

You will get a lot of problems with clone boards, not being able to flash esc and defently not bms over bluetooth.

When i wanna use a clone board on a scooter, i flash everything bms esc ble with an ORIGINAL DASHBOARD, all firmwares on same version to prevent dashboard errors , and the last step is to swap it out with the clone dashboard.
Maczilla wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:37 am
Why do you need flashing your clone Dashboard? They are usually ready to use. How much did you pay for it? Because i just bought a brand new oem Original ninebot g30 Dashboard for 25$ in AliExpress.

You will get a lot of problems with clone boards, not being able to flash esc and defently not bms over bluetooth.

When i wanna use a clone board on a scooter, i flash everything bms esc ble with an ORIGINAL DASHBOARD, all firmwares on same version to prevent dashboard errors , and the last step is to swap it out with the clone dashboard.
had no problems flashing CFW or or bsm over a clone dash paid 14 dollars per piece. had no problems at all, flashed 3 different snsc 2,3
I have one of these too that came with the scooter I bought. Useless junk unfortunately.

If you look at the datasheet for the N51802 in the "QF" package (Quad-flat, describes the chip shape) it shows you this pinout:

Both pins of interest are included in the highlighting circles. So that makes those pins:

You just gotta look reeeeeeal close to where the copper traces lead to. The SWDCLK line has a pull-down resistor on it, which makes sense. SWDIO is the other one (not by itself in the silkscreened box). By process of elimination the GND connection (the boxed one) was apparent but you can also see that it's part of the ground plane as well. So I hooked it all up, flashed it successfully with that dashboard.bat program and it's been rendered useless. It also won't flash again with that .bat program.

This clone dashboard uses a TM1637 chip for the LED driver. It seems to share the same pin count as the original G30 dashboards but as this:

was the only rear view of the board I could find, I couldn't tell if it was even the same chip. I don't think it is because the LEDs no longer light up. And the piezo doesn't make noise anymore. And of course the throttle/brake is unresponsive. But the scooter turns on and off, or at least the headlight is indicating so.

If I could find the original stock hex or bin for this maybe I could restore it to its former lackluster glory but there isn't much out there about these things.

I have an "original" G30 dashboard en route already. It has the SWD header in the typical position. Hopefully I get typical responses from the flashing.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]