An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Introduce yourself, meet people, be nice :)
By Spree1985
Tonight was my first-night capturing birds with my gf. We set a goal of 10 due to the fact we only had 6 chargers. We hit that goal within 45 minutes and saw 2 other charger guys. :D
By guisar
Welcome to the Bird hunt! Finding ten Birds on your first night is really good. Did you have to get up in the middle of the night to move chargers around to get everything charged?
By Spree1985
Somewhat...but I found birds with a higher charge rate to compensate for my lack of chargers. Hoping they would charge faster. I only had to switch chargers once. After dropping off at the nest. On the way home in the AM I was able to find 3 Y's, 2@ Apt. Complex, 1@train station & my first R placed neatly by the curb in a residential neighbourhood.

I was able to locate a $20 R but it was in a homeless camp with unsavoury like characters and not worth my life so I moved on. I'm pretty sure they knew I was there looking for a B, as one gentleman looked at me and shrugged his shoulders with a grin that I couldn't tell if it was intended to be comical or psychotic all with the B in my line of sight. The needed it more than me. That situation is something I'm going to be aware of.

What I learned from my first night out:

Although its very tempting to grab every bird in sight, because after all, it is a very satisfying experience when you drive or walk around an alleyway or building & find one. You should not take more then you have a charging ability for. Be strategic about it.

If not you spend the night tending/switching chargers batteries and decrease earnings. I work in the day as well. So following a schedule and routine looks to be the key to maximize earnings and catching some sleep as well.

I spent 45 minutes collecting from downtown streets and a popular nightlife area with heavy traffic and several other chargers collecting a few times I missed yellow B's by minutes, pulling up only to see them being driven off around the corner in the back of a truck..But there were plenty to choose from, so moving on was not a big deal.

Dropping them off right around 6-6:30 AM helped me get the jump on the morning rush hour commute. I spent a similar amount of time dropping them off in around 45 minutes. Depending on the location of the nest dropping then off can be a disaster as some nests are easily accessible and safe to unload the birds from a vehicle, while others are not requiring the birds to be carried by hand or much more labour intensive fashion.

An hour or so later I checked the app and found the various Y's & R's mentioned earlier those are on the chargers right now going to be dropped off on the way to the 9 PM open season :D .
By druinthor
Sounds like you’re figuring this out quickly. My routine is go out at 8:30 using the rider side of the app to figure out where to go. Capture Birds until 10am. Charge over night then release on my way into work. I’ve been doing this for over a month now and averaging $25 a night. Doesn’t sound like much but when you add it up over time it’s a nice chunk of change.
By Spree1985
My GF and I work together she scans I drive, we kill it like this. I watch a few other chargers working by themselves and in the time they can scan one we are already on to the next one. Its also lets us spend time together.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]