An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Teslaguy
joeyfreshwater wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:39 pm
Teslaguy wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:25 am
These look like they have some updates. What are those brackets near the battery compartment?
it looks like they added a piece in order to conceal the gps
Yeah, they've been doing that new fender for a while now. Do you notice anything else?
By Bee-Rad
They’ve added a sort of sleeve around the part where the battery and seat mount, it’s riveted together which I suppose is to deter tampering... however I assume most people who own security bits own a drill as well 🤭🤫
By Teslaguy
Makes sense! I've seen a few of those bikes on the side of the road with the area around the battery pins cut out and missing the battery. And the new GPS setup in the fender is really odd. They are also using a new type of security bolt. Has anyone noticed that the new bikes start just by scanning the QR code, you no longer need to press the power button.
By 3characters
Yeah they now run custom software vs just using the regular iWalk software. On some newer models your phone never interfaces with the bike, instead opting to have a constant bluetooth connection to the GPS where to unlock your phone talks to the GPS unit which then talks to the bike (though I'm not sure this has been rolled out yet :D )
By SneakX
purchased now the controller: https://bit.ly/33juSUn (48V350W18A)

and the charger for the 13S3P battery: https://bit.ly/3gowq33

i will let you know soon the results if the work is finished.

btw.
batterys are all locked with a general key but it's the easiest thing to lockpick.
i will fetch few more batteries for more range.

the fender is really easy to remove with a drill. (where the GPS is hidden)
just drilled it carefully out at the 2 bolts and replace it with screws or whatever u want.
By SneakX
custom controller working.
here some screens:
only problem that there is the ERRcode 10. it drives but shows no km/h.
USB Charger working and changing the battery for the Bike too.
By Teslaguy
SneakX wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm
custom controller working.
here some screens:
only problem that there is the ERRcode 10. it drives but shows no km/h.
USB Charger working and changing the battery for the Bike too.
How did you get the old model with the USB and folding stem? I haven't seen any like that around for months. Is there a good place to buy impounded ones like that?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]