An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By estebano
Hi,
this is my first post, so hi@all

I want to overvolt my g30 and everything is already understood an learned thanks to all the other posts, but has someone already overvolted the g30 and did everything went well? No errors from the contoller or something wierd?

This is my first scooter, but did I understand it correctly that the option „battery voltage limit“ in the m365 firmware creator is only for charging the battery, it has nothing to do with the maximum voltage the controller accepts, right?

Cheers
With the Xiaomi M365 you have to set the "Battery voltage limit" to the maximum battery pack voltage. If the voltage exceeds the set value, it displays an error message and the scooter shuts down. Raising the battery voltage limit is the only thing that has to be considered with the M365. Apparently it handles a 14s battery quite fine. I only tested it up to a 13s battery and I think a 12s battery is the sweet spot.

The Battery voltage limit option is missing right now in the Ninebot Max custom firmware generator. There is only a "Bypass Ninebot BMS requirement" switch with a cryptic "also prevents any errors from raising" comment. So maybe it does the trick, even if the values from the BMS won't change if you connect an additional battery pack in series.
hi.
I was thinking something like that.
I think the "Bypass Ninebot BMS requirement" is only to lock out internal battery packs from non original vendors.
So, basically we have to wait for the „Battery voltage limit“ option in the firmware generator..?
So let’s hope they find that code one day🙂
You can also use the “stealth mode” option which disables errors.
estebano wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:19 pm
hi.
I was thinking something like that.
I think the "Bypass Ninebot BMS requirement" is only to lock out internal battery packs from non original vendors.
So, basically we have to wait for the „Battery voltage limit“ option in the firmware generator..?
So let’s hope they find that code one day🙂
Yes, but not the way you want. You cant send more volts to the motor with software. Firmware and passive components dont add or subtract volts from the battery, they can only cut it off. All you have to do is make yourself a 5s8p battery and add it in series with pos from currents battery to neg of new battery. Neg from existing battery goes to controller. With that you can get to about 45kph without having to touch any components. Does make charging a harssle.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]