An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Risitas98 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:13 am
Did you used the arduino method or complete controller replacement to unlock your scooter? Very nice look...
Cheers mate! Yea I removed even the speedometer to have space fo the LM2596HVS module that powers the lights. The arduino method seemed nice, but since I had zero interest in looking at the speed while driving (I mean really, what does that even matter), I stripped the box away from a chinese controller and gave the thing an even bigger heatsink: the platform of the scooter! So it's neatly tucked inside, fortified with silicone and some loctite at the screws. From the outside you only see this much:
I have question about Lime 2.5 and programming controller. I know that there is other topic, but a lot of information about it was here (and also topic was created on this). So...

I got it working, sent command to controller. But... There is a little problem to solve.
When I enable scooter (all ok) it stays enabled to the moment when I disable it or disconnect battery. Then... When I connect battery it starts disabled - so I need to connect it again and make it enabled.

Is there any way to make a safe switch to OFF the scooter (ie when I leave it at shop or home for a longer time without ride), but not to connect device and enabling it by app.
So - I stop ride, I switch off and when I go for ride, I switch on. Just simple ON/OFF- not using commands again?

I can make switch between controller and display (so when I switch OFF throttle, brake, display don't work), but device still will be draining battery.
Maybe there is a way to send command or even program it to start enabled when I connect battery? Now it starts disabled.

Link to original post: viewtopic.php?p=20347&sid=ce07a790388f3 ... 456#p20347
uvegpohar wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 am
This thread was a huge help for me, thought I share my results made ot of a dumped & broken scooter, took me some work but the results are aesthetically pleasing!
Great work!
havana mathafak wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 pm
the first step when you want take a bird or lime (ninebot es1 es2 es33 es4)
1 you need putt off the simcard
2 change ONLY the dashboard (don't need to change the controller)
3 VERY IMPORTANT !!! NEVER CONNECT WITH NINEBOT APP !!!! you need the firt step with the new dashboard is DOWNGRADE the scooter with this website https://ninebot.scooterhacking.org/ (YOU NEED DOWNLOAD ESdownGR no in the PLAYSTORE in other link (beta)
4 install the custom Firmware with the app
5 restart the lime or bird and NEVER USE the ninebot app because you flash with a new firmware and you are LOcked
6 ride and say me Thank HAVANA !!!
(I'm the first in Belgium to make this sh*t ahha ) my english is very sh*t but one f**kin paki can understand me :p
dag heb je via deze site gevonden ; kan ik je eens bellen voor meer info over een lime s? mvg kurt
transenergy wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:22 am
havana mathafak wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 pm
the first step when you want take a bird or lime (ninebot es1 es2 es33 es4)
1 you need putt off the simcard
2 change ONLY the dashboard (don't need to change the controller)
3 VERY IMPORTANT !!! NEVER CONNECT WITH NINEBOT APP !!!! you need the firt step with the new dashboard is DOWNGRADE the scooter with this website https://ninebot.scooterhacking.org/ (YOU NEED DOWNLOAD ESdownGR no in the PLAYSTORE in other link (beta)
4 install the custom Firmware with the app
5 restart the lime or bird and NEVER USE the ninebot app because you flash with a new firmware and you are LOcked
6 ride and say me Thank HAVANA !!!
(I'm the first in Belgium to make this sh*t ahha ) my english is very sh*t but one f**kin paki can understand me :p
dag heb je via deze site gevonden ; kan ik je eens bellen voor meer info over een lime s? mvg kurt
If I do this do I need to change serial numbers? I've been reading through this.
Hello everyone! I see this forum and it is very interesting.. is it possible to make a complete guide with pictures for all the info you have about different models. Its a mess with all these comments and questions. It will be very helpful for me because lime is about to leave greece and take the scooters. Thank you
I'm buying around 10x ES400 OKAi / TiER scooters from China next week. Just want to know.
How can a person steal one and get away, if they have a GPS/GSM/whatever? How protected is the scooter? What does it have? Everything crime and secuirty related: What inside of? Where is it built in? How safe from thieves?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]