An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By M20001
Hello,

Than we have to find out how to read out the green box (The box has one green round connector. This connector is not
connected in the scooter and looks like a service port) if we find out how to communicate with the Meiglink SLM 750 inside
the green box over this connector, we can reprogram the box to a custom Password.
By johny hollyday
electricool wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:58 pm
hi I found this article from mrgooglegeek :P , it seems feasible but I do not have an LIME SJ2.5 to test this method
so if a person wants to try it's christmas before time

The method of converting the scooter is to replace the android device with either a Bluetooth adapter, or a micro controller (Arduino)
The Lime SJ2.5 is the most common lime scooter. They are slowly being phased out for the Lime SJ3. The SJ2.5 is speed capped at 15.5 MPH. It uses a front hub motor and rear drum brake.
The scooter is controlled using an android based device located in the green box mounted below the handlebars on the front of the scooter. This device is connected to the scooter over UART (serial). There is a sim card in the device that can be used for data in any device, though these are sometimes deactivated by lime.
The method of converting the scooter is to replace the android device with either a Bluetooth serial adapter, or a microcontroller (Arduino). The Bluetooth adapter method is easier, but relies on a separate device to turn the scooter on and off (phone). This guide will focus on the bluetooth method.
REQUIRED:
Legally obtained Lime sj2.5
jumper wires, solder
Bluetooth adapter (HC-05 or similar Bluetooth SPP device)
Torx Security Bits
A brain

Steps:
1. Take apart the green box. It is held onto the scooter with several torx bolts. The box itself is held closed with several phillips screws that are hidden behind hot glue. These are annoying to remove. The main board inside the box can be removed, but the smaller power supply board should be left, as it is used to power the Bluetooth adapter.
2. Wire in the Bluetooth adapter. The box was plugged into the scooter with a round connector. inside the box, the wires from this cable are exposed. There is a red wire, a blue wire, a green wire, a yellow wire, and a ground (black). The red wire supplies 36v to the power supply board. The blue wire needs some voltage (~5v, works with 3.3v but avoid using 36v) to enable the scooter. This can be switched or not, as the scooter does not consume large amounts of power when idling with the motor/screen off. The red wire and ground should be left intact to supply power to the power supply. The Yellow and Green Wires are serial RX and TX, however different revisions of the scooter have the colors swapped. You must use trial and error to determine which one is which. Connect your bluetooth adapter to the serial wires, and supply it with power using the separate output from the power supply board. The red wire is 4v and there are two grounds (black) which are common when the connector is in place but are not connected elsewhere, so if you encounter power issues or serial issues, try switching from one ground to the other.
3. Now for the fun part: serial commands! You will need a device with an app to interface with the scooter. Searching the iOS app store or Google Play store for "Bluetooth SPP" will yield many results which do the same thing. You need to send a HEX command over SPP. Different apps will handle this differently, however most allow you to simply type the hex code as one long string. Below is a list of important hex codes:
464316610001F1F28F This code enables the scooter
464316610001F0E2AE This code disables the scooter
4. send these commands through the app. That's pretty much it, just pack up the green box and reconnect it.

I've tried, but's not working, do you have the link of the article? Or the contact of Mr google geek Iwant to know how he find his hex code ?

I can actually snif a communication in asci, and Hexa (hc 05) only when I plug the charger, If i don't plug the charger there is no data incomming

Tried to send the hex command, nothing happen, too beautiful to be true

any idea I have the Bluetooth Experimental Setup done

Other infos about reverse engeenering , I've saw by explore aliexpress the connection cables that can be plug in the green box programming port with an usb adaptator

I've also check if we can download the programming tool of meig phone's and that's not possible, Ihave to register to their website

Anyone have an idea of how I can communicate with the green box if I get this adaptator
By M20001
Hello,

I do not think that you will have success with sending the command to the green box over SIM. It looks like the unlocking
process works over bluetooth via your phone and the Lime APP. Our only chance to get in this green box is to find out how to
reprogram the Meiglink. The Lime Gen 2.5 communicates over the diagnostic port with UART. I do not know if the lime gen 3 does this too, but i think, because the gen 2.5 and the gen 3 have the same IOT module, a meiglink SLM 750. Here is a site with information about the Lime Scooters, but there is actually no knowledge about the lime gen 3:
https://github.com/oneohtrix/lime-scooter-reversing
By Qly610
I'm a lime juicer. They never pay me for retrieving scooters without the QR codes. I ended up with a ton of dismantled parts, enough to build half a dozen. From 1st gen to gen 3. This is interesting knowledge. I assume I'm legally acquiring these parts if they reply that I don't need to bring it in... Maybe? I'm taking a interest in making this a project for fun.
I'm also Charger for Bird and Uber. Bird told me the same, and said you dont need to retrieve those items. Leave them or keep them :o.
I'm gonna make a scooter park in my back yard :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
By Scarykid
Qly610 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:37 am
I'm a lime juicer. They never pay me for retrieving scooters without the QR codes. I ended up with a ton of dismantled parts, enough to build half a dozen. From 1st gen to gen 3. This is interesting knowledge. I assume I'm legally acquiring these parts if they reply that I don't need to bring it in... Maybe? I'm taking a interest in making this a project for fun.
I'm also Charger for Bird and Uber. Bird told me the same, and said you dont need to retrieve those items. Leave them or keep them :o.
I'm gonna make a scooter park in my back yard :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You are full of crap, I'm also a charger for those listed complanies, and if the scooter doesn't have a qr visible on the scooter, it doesn't mean that it's qr code doesn't exist. They will help you find it by supplying them with the serial number. All those scooters you are keeping, they are still tracking them and probably have record of a bunch of them ending up at your address. Even if you disconnected the GPS, they still have your place as the last known address. So if you have as many as you say you do, your most likely gonna be investigated by their asset recovery team pretty soon. Best bet is to just turn them in to them and be honest, they will cut you some slack if they get all their property back. It's better than going to jail and have felonies on your record lol
You know why you have to pull your trash to the curb? It's because once it's left to the curb you acknowledge that you have no interest in it and it's trash. The garbage men are not going to take it the curb only from the curb. If I'm cruising down the road and decide to toss my cell phone out the car window and you happen to find it discarded on side of road I sure in the hell can't claim it stolen. I sure the hell can't report it stolen. Dam would that be a crazy report. Subject stated dam thieves stole phone that subject thrown out of vehicle and left it. Sure... Ima have to spin a pookie on that one. If I pick up a lady that's trying to make a few bucks I be dam if I'm obligated to give her any money. (I would) (food and clothes also) but thats besides the point here. You can take them home all you want. They can't do sh*t. And also by law if you locate one anywhere on your property as in someone with a shitty mood tossed it into your garden then you take that b*tch inside "labor intense " and you notify them via US mail that you have impounded there sh*t and they currently owe a balance of ( what ever the average storage cost is at the local tow yard) and charges will be made higher by the day and advise them that they have 29of 30 days left to come with Cash in hand and if not then after the 30 days that two wheeled beauty is yours and it's not getting pimped the F out no more Amen
By eyesack
brotherwords1 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:22 pm
Is this the password you need?
( "topic":"LB_BK_869313032003979",
"imei":"869313032515725"
"at":"AT+QRy=PASSWORD,$SENDTIME,$SERIAL,[1381]$" )
How did you come across the AT code you posted? The password isn't in that code but I am curious where you found it. It appears wherever that was the password was stored in a variable.
By memetrader
AFAIK the mrgooglegeek method completely disregards the IOT card, using only the power delivery card, motor controller, and serial RX/TX to command them. What hex code would you need to send to a lime s 2.5 scooter on FW version 2.4.26 in order to enable it?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]