An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Risitas98
Flash the dashboard to unlock Bluetooth : https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15
Be careful about the serial number before flashing anything. A rental serial number can brick the scooter because the app will think that its an es1 with 250w motor so using a scooter with ninebot es1 configuration (250w) on a rental scooter (300w) can lead to control board brick when riding. So I recommend you to change serial number to an es2 one with "Ninebot flasher" (available on windows 10 store).
To change sn open ninebot flasher, connect your scooter, press ctrl alt A, enter this serial number : N2GSD1344C4566, click on write ESC sn several times to make it work.
Done
By MikeManson
Risitas98 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:33 am
Flash the dashboard to unlock Bluetooth : https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15
Be careful about the serial number before flashing anything. A rental serial number can brick the scooter because the app will think that its an es1 with 250w motor so using a scooter with ninebot es1 configuration (250w) on a rental scooter (300w) can lead to control board brick when riding. So I recommend you to change serial number to an es2 one with "Ninebot flasher" (available on windows 10 store).
To change sn open ninebot flasher, connect your scooter, press ctrl alt A, enter this serial number : N2GSD1344C4566, click on write ESC sn several times to make it work.
Done
wtf you are talking about LOL? the one problem by es1 serial number is - it won't have underlights+backlighs
nothing will brick and the 300w motor will not be 250w if using the es1 serial

do not give advices if you dnt know anything about it!
By Sc00tr
MikeManson wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:14 am
Risitas98 wrote:
Done
wtf you are talking about LOL? the one problem by es1 serial number is - it won't have underlights+backlighs

Yeah that and some serials are speed limited but you’re not going to blow up a scooter by running it at a power wattage than it’s rated lmao
By MikeManson
Sc00tr wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:37 am
MikeManson wrote:
Risitas98 wrote:
Done

Yeah that and some serials are speed limited but you’re not going to blow up a scooter by running it at a power wattage than it’s rated lmao
the serial numbers do not limit speed, just on ninebot max
By Risitas98
MikeManson wrote:
Risitas98 wrote:
Done

Ik wot about I'm talking. I bricked many ninebot control board because when I flashed them without changing serial number they were all limited to 21kph and with a low torque. And when I tried with another motherboard and changed the serial number, the scooter was now fully working with es2 speed and torque.
By BionicAndroid
I purchased three bird ES1-300 scooters, all three connect to phone via Bluetooth and have updated the firmware on my scooters as well. Cruise control workes and so does locking the scooter, the name change for the scooter Bluetooth does not work and I have not test limited speed settings yet. Also is there a way to change the lights through this app.
Thanks everybody for your time and info!
By Birdie
BionicAndroid wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:27 pm
I purchased three bird ES1-300 scooters, all three connect to phone via Bluetooth and have updated the firmware on my scooters as well. Cruise control workes and so does locking the scooter, the name change for the scooter Bluetooth does not work and I have not test limited speed settings yet. Also is there a way to change the lights through this app.
Thanks everybody for your time and info!
What did you do to get these connected to the app? I've tried to connect to both ninebot apps on an iPhone and android and can't get it to work. It tries to connect and then fails every time.
By BionicAndroid
Yoshi71 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:21 pm
How did you update the firmware on them? I cant even connect to the Bluetooth with the app.
I downloaded the ninebot app that I used for my Segway mini, it automatically connected to all three scooters and then updated the firmware on my scooters to 1.4.6 I believe. After doing that I was able to connect and do quite a few different things to the app but not all things are functioning. The app works and connects to all three scooters on an iPhone XS Max as well as a Pixel 3 XL.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?