An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Here's something to enjoy while we're all inside because of coronavirus. The other day I was out and saw some of the local homeless people, who seemed to be on meth, actively hotwiring some Ninebot ES4 scooters. I tried to sneak some pictures. This is what happens when the streets are empty! :?
Last edited by Teslaguy on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Teslaguy wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
Here's something to enjoy while we're all inside because of coronavirus. The other day I was out and saw some of the local homeless people, who seemed to be on meth, actively hotwiring some Ninebot ES4 scooters. I tried to sneak some pictures. This is what happens when the streets are empty! :?
I cant see the photo
Jsjjdbd wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:06 pm
Teslaguy wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
I cant see the photo
Let me try to upload it again; imgur isn't working! :cry:
Bee-Rad wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:53 pm
What I wanna know is where they’re finding any ESx scooters in Los Angeles, I thought none were in circulation anymore
I'm also curious. The last ones were with Lyft but left LA for the new Max model in December. The rest were off the streets by the time Summer was over. The only ones that you can still sort of rent are with Bird personal rentals, which shut down recently.
Interesting, makes sense why I came across three abandoned Lyft ES scooters in the past couple months, all missing the top electronics and in varying states of disrepair. At least one was water submerged from the looks of the internals.

On a related note, what scooters does Spin have in your area (you seem to be in West LA)? The local ones here (USC) have all been a variant of the Okai tanks that Jump uses - I’ve never seen a Ninebot Max or ESx since December when I got into the micromobility scene.
Bee-Rad wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 pm
Interesting, makes sense why I came across three abandoned Lyft ES scooters in the past couple months, all missing the top electronics and in varying states of disrepair. At least one was water submerged from the looks of the internals.

On a related note, what scooters does Spin have in your area (you seem to be in West LA)? The local ones here (USC) have all been a variant of the Okai tanks that Jump uses - I’ve never seen a Ninebot Max or ESx since December when I got into the micromobility scene.
They're all Okai tanks too. They had Ninebot MAXes for a bit but I think they all got stolen since I've heard they're really easy to hack. Where have the abandoned Lyft's been turning up for you? I saw a lot near me.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]