An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
I got it working. But... There is a little problem to solve.
When I enable scooter (all ok) it stays enabled to the moment when I disable it or disconnect battery. Then... When I connect battery it starts disabled - so I need to connect it again and make it enabled.

Is there any way to make a safe switch to OFF the scooter (ie when I leave it at shop or home for a longer time without ride), but not to connect device and enabling it by app.
So - I stop ride, I switch off and when I go for ride, I switch on. Just simple ON/OFF- not using commands again?

I can make switch between controller and display (so when I switch OFF throttle, brake, display don't work), but device still will be draining battery.
Maybe there is a way to send command or even program it to start enabled when I connect battery? Now it starts disabled.
Mick Ray wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 am
I got it working. But... There is a little problem to solve.
When I enable scooter (all ok) it stays enabled to the moment when I disable it or disconnect battery. Then... When I connect battery it starts disabled - so I need to connect it again and make it enabled.

Is there any way to make a safe switch to OFF the scooter (ie when I leave it at shop or home for a longer time without ride), but not to connect device and enabling it by app.
So - I stop ride, I switch off and when I go for ride, I switch on. Just simple ON/OFF- not using commands again?

I can make switch between controller and display (so when I switch OFF throttle, brake, display don't work), but device still will be draining battery.
Maybe there is a way to send command or even program it to start enabled when I connect battery? Now it starts disabled.
No, not with a default motor controller. Unless you write your own FW for the uC. Otherwise you will need an arduino with "ON/OFF" button (easiest stand-alone solution), or a BT module with an app
hey all, I love the excellent source of info you all have compiled here (except for the deleted posts that no longer are cached on google.. that made it a little harder)

Anyways, I wanted to reach out and ask about something. I've successfully found the codes for Firmware, On/off, Lights on/off, flashing light on/off, and speed governor on/off. so I think it's safe to say I'm well on my way (are there any other functions I should look for, or have I found them all?)

My question is - I used these codes to operate both a sj2.5 and a sz2.5, but my 2nd sz2.5 has given me some trouble. The only codes that seem to work are the unlock code (which just takes away the 06e error, but doesn't power it on like the other two), and the flashing light on/off. The rest of the same codes for this particular one doesn't seem to do anything. I've also noticed that the front wheel is hard to turn (the others turn with just a hand spin, this sz2.5 seems to need more force to turn the wheel), and in googling around I've noticed two things:
1. many forum posts suggest that the motor controller is dead, either due to abuse or steep inclines
2. there was a number of articles last year that suggested that it was also caused by a faulty firmware applied to the scooters.

my question is - if it's a faulty firmware, does that mean it never was the motor controller and can somehow be overridden/fixed without replacing parts?

Also, even tho I've found all of the codes, I'd love to reverse engineer the FW to figure out exactly how those code were produced/found/read and I haven't been able to find any guides that walks me thru the correct settings in RealTerm or any similar program to get going in the right direction.

I know you all are extra careful about the information you let stay in this forum, but if someone could answer my questions and point me in the right direction for settings/reverse engineering the firmware, that would be super helpful!

I haven't replaced any parts, I've only used the power controller already included and a bluetooth hc-05/hc-08 for communication. Thanks for all the help!!
I got a issue like yours on my SJ2.5 after hard use in woods. It was one Mosfet permanently on. I was able to fix it by replacing the mosfet.
There is no alternate firmware known for those Lime scooter so I doubt it could be a defective firmware.
What do you mean by "speed governor on/off" have you got some codes to increase the maximum speed ? If yes please post it. aswell as the one for the flashlight please.
radonek wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:04 am
Yes, it works. With bluetooth hc 05 works perfect. I recommend Bluetooth commander for android, you can set periodically sending of code, it's fine when you get error 06e after some time.
I agree. But... Error 06E is annoying, because it's showing after 10 minutes of inactivity. Yes, you can send signal periodicaly but when you lost connection, you are frozen.
06E disappear also when you send any working command to controller. But it's not solving problem.
Mick Ray wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:17 pm
radonek wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:04 am
Yes, it works. With bluetooth hc 05 works perfect. I recommend Bluetooth commander for android, you can set periodically sending of code, it's fine when you get error 06e after some time.
I agree. But... Error 06E is annoying, because it's showing after 10 minutes of inactivity. Yes, you can send signal periodicaly but when you lost connection, you are frozen.
06E disappear also when you send any working command to controller. But it's not solving problem.
Really? Because when I send periodically code for turn on, I never get error 06e. Or when I let it turned on without sending any code and I get error 06e and then I send code for turn on, error disappears and display shows km/h. And I have mobile phone with myself everytime, so it's no problem run application for periodically sending turn on code. As I said Bluetooth Commander for Android is best for it. Another solution is Arduino, which can send it periodically too.

What is bad for me is minimal speed for start of motor (6 km/h), is any solution for starting motor from 0 km/h or lower speed than 6?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]