An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
uvegpohar wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:41 am
Caidyn wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Any input is appreciated, and as you said hopefully this thread will help someone else with the same problem
Hey, sorry for the late reply, but so far I have not been able to find the right six sided nut for the rear wheel thread, seems kinda unique. But my previously described method - grinding down two sides of the original nut - provides more than enough gripping surface to tighten/release the nut.
I appreciate the reply! Were you able to put the original nuts back on?
Caidyn wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:05 pm
Damn where can I get something like this done? Is there a file you can share for a template? And what is the thing with the blue handle that you started with?
It was traced in Illustrator and laser cut by OSH Cut from 0.135" 316 stainless. The blue Park Tools style handle was achieved by putting that end in PlastiDip.

Works well. No idea if the scooter axle nuts are exactly the same size though.
Bike Share Museum wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:30 am
Caidyn wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:05 pm
Damn where can I get something like this done? Is there a file you can share for a template? And what is the thing with the blue handle that you started with?
It was traced in Illustrator and laser cut by OSH Cut from 0.135" 316 stainless. The blue Park Tools style handle was achieved by putting that end in PlastiDip.

Works well. No idea if the scooter axle nuts are exactly the same size though.
Any chance you could share the file?
Caidyn wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:34 pm
uvegpohar wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:41 am
Caidyn wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Any input is appreciated, and as you said hopefully this thread will help someone else with the same problem
Hey, sorry for the late reply, but so far I have not been able to find the right six sided nut for the rear wheel thread, seems kinda unique. But my previously described method - grinding down two sides of the original nut - provides more than enough gripping surface to tighten/release the nut.
I appreciate the reply! Were you able to put the original nuts back on?
Hey, yeah, I was too lazy to look for a shop where they sell the correct size nut! You can check on the pictures here, the original nuts painted with black car paint look quite good!

http://imgur.com/gallery/RPfktwc

Also, if the measuring is correct, the right nut size is 12mmx1.00. The most common size is 12x1.50 or 1.20, but this is a more tightly threaded type.
David McMurran wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:34 am
Where did you get the Repair manual from? And if so, is there a 2.5?
The repair manual for what? I just stripped the scooter to the bone and added a new controller, two switches for power and lights, that's it! Later on I'll fit a momentary switch paired with a voltmeter display to get some intel on the remaining battery level.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]