An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By cooterjones
Honestly I'm not sure when it comes to these chinese controllers, mine doesn't even have the LCD lol

I feel like something's working since the wheel spun a bit! Try this

Disconnect the battery everything off, disconnect the green cables

Reconnect battery, boot it up or turn it on or whatever and then without hitting the throttle or any settings connect the green with the wheel off the ground, if it spins the right way let it spin for 30 seconds or more, if the wrong way disconnect green and then reconnect, hopefully it's spinning the right way now but let it spin for a while, I think I did almost a minute. After the at disconnect the green and let it sit a minute disconnect power without hitting throttle or anything, reconnect and test the throttle, if nothing then do it all over again fresh but after the green learning process test the throttle. Just guessing again but I had to do it a couple times for it to learn how many poles the motor had, can't remember what process actually "saves" the setting whether it's rebooting with or without throttle. Good luck!!
Chance the lcd thing is fried, wonder if you can do it without the LCD like my cheap controller.

Good luck!
donKeykick wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:11 pm
Thank you for responding cooterjones. I was getting the 5 volts readings using a multimeter trying to troubleshoot why I had no throttle...I had both lights working and no throttle..then I started messing with the settings on the LCD and somehow while doing that the scooter suddenly took off backwards in my living room and hit the wall and fell over..I was excited that the wheel actually turned and remembered the green cables thing so I put it up on the corner of a table with the wheels off
the sides of course and connected the greens and the bird did exactly as stated..the wheel went the opposite and correct way ..I disconnected after a few and went about checking the lights again and stuffing the wires into the housing to finish up..and guess what ...no more throttle and BTW I have never been able to use the throttle except when I checked it after disconnecting the green cables..it worked only then..Since that time I have completely pulled apart the handlebars and all the housing on top in an attempt to pinpoint a possible compromise in the wiring (like you said) with the throttle and found nothing. I have checked all connections and all my wiring connects have been soldered and heat shrinked and everything is exactly , far as I can tell, like Mr.Samzone so generously laid out in his vids. ..now the green cables do nothing and I have a permanent E 07 motor failure error on that damn screen in all 5 settings and it doesn't go away...I had it before and fooling with settings cleared it at some point but now I have both lights working fine and nothing else...green cables don't engage and no throttle..not even the sound of the motor electric trying to do something...nada. wtf??? Could I have burned the damn thing up?
By donKeykick
I wont be able to get to trying out your suggestions until Sunday..dont want to get hollered at again..ill post the results as I appreciate any help I can get cooterjones..thank you.
By cooterjones
Should be fine, pretty sure mine is 36v
Fully charged it'll be over 36v but I have a feeling the controller is designed for that as it's a 36v system regardless of the fully charged voltage
shabickawow wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:35 am
Hello all,
I recently ordered
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333117032463?V ... 3117032463
this dashboard from eBay. The 36-48V variant was out of stock, so I purchased the 24-36V variant. Will my scooter still work properly? how will its performance differ from the 36-48V version?
By BonifacyM
same problem withe me,
After few seconds scooter die, no error,
Helps only disconnect baterry,
BMS only solution ? But why only few guys heve problem with this ? Samzone can u help ?

NeedNewUsername wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:31 am
@Kiki626
Thanks Kiki, but do you think the voltage and amp, wattage of this specific controller allows to bypass BMS? Is the controller safe enough or might I harm the battery?
BTW when having done a bypass, will the scooter get slower and slower the less power it has, while riding the scooter?

Do y‘all think this Controller is safe to do BMS bypass with? Thank you for every answer!! :)

@samzone Or do you know if this is harmless to do?
By BonifacyM
Small update

Try to do BMS by samzone method, dont work,
Try + directly to B+ pole, this same,
I have no idea what else i can do, battery after charging have 41,5 V so i think battery  is working good,
Somebody have this same problem or know how to fix it?
Controller is this same that  have samzone
triple check or cables with multimetr,
LCD settings via samzone

sh*t BMS/battery or controller ? I cant check on other motor/battery, eventually i can try on charger but i think so that this will fry charger 
By SuperNova
BonifacyM wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:58 pm
Small update

Try to do BMS by samzone method, dont work,
Try + directly to B+ pole, this same,
I have no idea what else i can do, battery after charging have 41,5 V so i think battery  is working good,
Somebody have this same problem or know how to fix it?
Controller is this same that  have samzone
triple check or cables with multimetr,
LCD settings via samzone

sh*t BMS/battery or controller ? I cant check on other motor/battery, eventually i can try on charger but i think so that this will fry charger 
I did convert another Bird One from the first try without any issues at all. Didnt have to touch the BMS or the battery at all and it runs great. Maybe some Bird Ones are different and needs additional steps do to, dont know.
By Imathome
SuperNova wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am
I have converted the Bird scooter successfully from the first attempt, which was about 7 hours of work for me.
I have watched the full conversation video of Samzone (thanks dude, you are gold) and after a lot of soldering i did it.
It goes well, about 32 km/h max on flat surface with one person and about 15 km/h with two persons(around 140 kg).
The battery seems to be great, because i rode about 20 km in cold weather and it dropped only one point out of 5. This should mean, that the battery will be good for around 50 km range, which is a lot.
it is a total pain to make the cable from the display go through the steering tube and at the moment the cable is taped on the outer side of it. Also the lights doesn't work, i have to solder the step down module and check why the rear stop light is not working. Btw i opened the controller box to add thermal paste, but surprisingly they had already put a lot of it.

Again, thank you Samzone, you did a great work converting and recording every step. :!:

Hi, what charger did you order?
By SuperNova
Imathome wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:28 am
SuperNova wrote:
I have converted the Bird scooter successfully from the first attempt, which was about 7 hours of work for me.
I have watched the full conversation video of Samzone (thanks dude, you are gold) and after a lot of soldering i did it.
It goes well, about 32 km/h max on flat surface with one person and about 15 km/h with two persons(around 140 kg).
The battery seems to be great, because i rode about 20 km in cold weather and it dropped only one point out of 5. This should mean, that the battery will be good for around 50 km range, which is a lot.
it is a total pain to make the cable from the display go through the steering tube and at the moment the cable is taped on the outer side of it. Also the lights doesn't work, i have to solder the step down module and check why the rear stop light is not working. Btw i opened the controller box to add thermal paste, but surprisingly they had already put a lot of it.

Again, thank you Samzone, you did a great work converting and recording every step. :!:

I ordered this one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296393 ... 4c4dO3njpF

It works perfectly fine, although its cheap quality and heats a bit more than it should, it gets the job done.
By Imathome
SuperNova wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:16 am
Imathome wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:28 am
SuperNova wrote:

I ordered this one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296393 ... 4c4dO3njpF

It works perfectly fine, although its cheap quality and heats a bit more than it should, it gets the job done.

Appreciated! Mine is on the way...

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]