An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
I purchased the following electric scooter which is a Bird ES1-300 Watt model https://www.walmart.com/ip/Motor-Shock- ... /413774345

This model is basically a custom version of Segway Ninebot ES2 designed for Bird where Sports mode is always on and it is non foldable. There is Bluetooth but you cannot connect to it even via Segway app for some reason. Since this is basically equivalent to ES2 I wanted to find out from the community if the Battery indicator on top of the display updates in real time as you drive the scooter as I have noticed that the battery does not update right away even if I drive a lot of miles continously. For example if I have this scooter charged to 100% and then turn it on and drive it 5-10 miles continuously without turning it off the scooter, then the display still shows the battery as 100% on the display but when I turn off the scooter and turn it back on that is when the battery indicator updates to show the actual remaining battery. This can be a problem is I am driving the scooter and may think I still have 100% charge or keep track of the distance I travelled manually. Also since this always runs in Sports mode I do not get 15 miles (25 km) on full charge for my weight of 170 lbs (77 kgs) since the sports mode uses more power and also lights below the scooter always stay on as I cannot turn them off since I cannot connect it to an app.

So would like to know if others also have this similar issues with battery indicator on their Segway ES2 where the battery indicator does not update until you restart the scooter by turning it off and turning it back up again.
I have been experiencing that exact same thing with my bird, the Ninebot app only makes the scooter beep and I was able to change the red S to the white S, while powered off press the throttle to max then power on while still holding the throttle, once it’s fully powered up the S is white but as soon as you release the throttle it turns back to red. I’m gonna call Segway Monday to see if there are any tricks to perform.
Gamanator wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:09 pm
I have been experiencing that exact same thing with my bird, the Ninebot app only makes the scooter beep and I was able to change the red S to the white S, while powered off press the throttle to max then power on while still holding the throttle, once it’s fully powered up the S is white but as soon as you release the throttle it turns back to red. I’m gonna call Segway Monday to see if there are any tricks to perform.
Whats the diff between red S and white S?
shollywood wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 pm
Red S is sport, White S is normal, No S is battery saver. That being said, instructions say that you can double click the power button to alternate, but that is not working. Just turning on and off the headlight. That being said, I just picked up the ES1-300. Synced with the app, changed to KM and updated firmware.

Does anyone have a good guide on mods (folding, speed, etc.) for this? Also, where can I pickup an external additional battery? Thanks in advance!
Shawnie53 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:06 pm
shollywood wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 pm
Red S is sport, White S is normal, No S is battery saver. That being said, instructions say that you can double click the power button to alternate, but that is not working. Just turning on and off the headlight. That being said, I just picked up the ES1-300. Synced with the app, changed to KM and updated firmware.

Does anyone have a good guide on mods (folding, speed, etc.) for this? Also, where can I pickup an external additional battery? Thanks in advance!
hey i just pick up my es1-100 couple days ago, can you tell me what i need to get it connect to the app? change the dash board only?
i would like to change it to KM and shut down the underboard LED
thanks
Risitas98 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 am
I did this to my Circ scooter :
Step 1 : https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15
Step 2 : flash an original firmware with es downg or ninebot flasher
Step 3 : change serial number with ninebot flasher on a computer by a normal es2 sn (N2GTGxxxx...)
Step 4 : reflash the same firmware as before
hy!
Do have pics of this project? What circ scooter do you have? do you think I can flash this scooter to "original" state without IOT?

KR
miloniko wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:39 pm
Risitas98 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 am
I did this to my Circ scooter :
Step 1 : https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15
Step 2 : flash an original firmware with es downg or ninebot flasher
Step 3 : change serial number with ninebot flasher on a computer by a normal es2 sn (N2GTGxxxx...)
Step 4 : reflash the same firmware as before
hy!
Do have pics of this project? What circ scooter do you have? do you think I can flash this scooter to "original" state without IOT?

KR
oh sorry I was talking about a circ Ninebot scooter, not this proprietary model...

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]