An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Doc95
U need to cut the big black cable on the battery, solder one new cable with the black you've cutted and solder it to B-
Be carrefull, try not to make shortcuts
By NeedNewUsername
@Doc95
Yes thank you a lot for your reply, I know this but I am wondering if it’s a problem that my battery is fully charged Iike if that’s dangerous
By NeedNewUsername
@SuperNova yeah sorry for spamming I just have a lot respect for electricity ya know? And I haven’t found infos anywhere about if it’s dangerous to do this on a fully charged battery since I can’t get the energy out of it . Just don‘t want it to catch fire or sh*t
By SuperNova
Santyv wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm
I did everything correctly but the scooter is going in reverse
Any ideas?
You didn't read the whole thread. Just connect the 2 green wires from the controller together and when it runs on the right way, disconnect them without turning off the scooter before that.
By donKeykick
Hey Im new and everything I know is from you guys on this forum especially SamZone...so Thank you for all the hard work you have helped me have the courage to grab a sad bird and make it happy. I have followed all of SamZones vids to the tee and (thanks again sir) I have the same controller and step down and all are wired correectly but no throttle. Lights work..charges up with a green on the charger ..green cables learned to spin but only 5 volts are released throughout and thats not enough to do anything. Is this a BMS thing or something Im not doing right with the s866 lcd controller..whichtrying to comprehend is in my opinion trying to decipher a codebook buried in a pile of turds...any suggestions are welcome..again forgive me Im new at this and im pushing 50 so ...
By cooterjones
Sounds like a setting is wrong with the s866 controller maybe? Shouldn't need to bypass the BMS unless you're having poor performance. It should still run with your controller at least to about 15mph! Where are you reading 5v? The green cables wouldn't have too much juice running through them. Did you hook up the 3 thick leads to the motor and the 4-ish (can't remember it's been a couple months, snow and 5 degrees here lol) Hall sensor leads from the motor too? My controller doesn't have a LCD so I was winging it but once the hall sensor leads were hooked up and I did the green cable learning process it figured out the proper settings. When the green cables are connected together and the wheels spinning I hope see if hitting the throttle will change the direction or the speed, if it doesn't there might be a connection break between the controller and your throttle. Just winging it here but good luck!
donKeykick wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:58 am
Hey Im new and everything I know is from you guys on this forum especially SamZone...so Thank you for all the hard work you have helped me have the courage to grab a sad bird and make it happy. I have followed all of SamZones vids to the tee and (thanks again sir) I have the same controller and step down and all are wired correectly but no throttle. Lights work..charges up with a green on the charger ..green cables learned to spin but only 5 volts are released throughout and thats not enough to do anything. Is this a BMS thing or something Im not doing right with the s866 lcd controller..whichtrying to comprehend is in my opinion trying to decipher a codebook buried in a pile of turds...any suggestions are welcome..again forgive me Im new at this and im pushing 50 so ...
By donKeykick
Thank you for responding cooterjones. I was getting the 5 volts readings using a multimeter trying to troubleshoot why I had no throttle...I had both lights working and no throttle..then I started messing with the settings on the LCD and somehow while doing that the scooter suddenly took off backwards in my living room and hit the wall and fell over..I was excited that the wheel actually turned and remembered the green cables thing so I put it up on the corner of a table with the wheels off
the sides of course and connected the greens and the bird did exactly as stated..the wheel went the opposite and correct way ..I disconnected after a few and went about checking the lights again and stuffing the wires into the housing to finish up..and guess what ...no more throttle and BTW I have never been able to use the throttle except when I checked it after disconnecting the green cables..it worked only then..Since that time I have completely pulled apart the handlebars and all the housing on top in an attempt to pinpoint a possible compromise in the wiring (like you said) with the throttle and found nothing. I have checked all connections and all my wiring connects have been soldered and heat shrinked and everything is exactly , far as I can tell, like Mr.Samzone so generously laid out in his vids. ..now the green cables do nothing and I have a permanent E 07 motor failure error on that damn screen in all 5 settings and it doesn't go away...I had it before and fooling with settings cleared it at some point but now I have both lights working fine and nothing else...green cables don't engage and no throttle..not even the sound of the motor electric trying to do something...nada. wtf??? Could I have burned the damn thing up?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]