An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Experiments on unlock codes :
I mades some new test on those unlock "codes"
This time my experiments where focusing on the 2nd and 3rd byte.
I strated with the values that i've seen on all previous frame (12 02). As expected, it worked without a problem.
Now, i tried to change those values (as i previously done with 4th and 5th byte), here come the interesting part.
Changing those values did not change anything (at least to start the scooter, did not try to ride with it)
So, you could use this trame and it should work as well as before 0xA6 0x00 0x00 0xF5 0xFF 0xFC (same code as i previously used (Turbo on, 2nd bit on, Fast acceleration on, KPH, 5th bit off, Light on, blink off, esc on)) but with the second and third byte at the value of 0.
So next step would be to try to ride with diferents values on those bytes to see if there is any changes.
Otherwise, you can put anything to replace them, it will still work (you will need to calculate the crc8/maxim for your trame to be accepted by the scooter)
Hope that someone could find the use of those two byte :D
What you need to do is first Build the code in Platform and then Upload. You where bring to test the code which is something I never use.
Iceman88 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:31 am
Iceman88 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:30 am
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 pm
Try the Final Branch of my firmware that’s the most up to date.
This with your last firmware and the same result...
Pata27 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:42 pm
Experiments on unlock codes :
I mades some new test on those unlock "codes"
This time my experiments where focusing on the 2nd and 3rd byte.
I strated with the values that i've seen on all previous frame (12 02). As expected, it worked without a problem.
Now, i tried to change those values (as i previously done with 4th and 5th byte), here come the interesting part.
Changing those values did not change anything (at least to start the scooter, did not try to ride with it)
So, you could use this trame and it should work as well as before 0xA6 0x00 0x00 0xF5 0xFF 0xFC (same code as i previously used (Turbo on, 2nd bit on, Fast acceleration on, KPH, 5th bit off, Light on, blink off, esc on)) but with the second and third byte at the value of 0.
So next step would be to try to ride with diferents values on those bytes to see if there is any changes.
Otherwise, you can put anything to replace them, it will still work (you will need to calculate the crc8/maxim for your trame to be accepted by the scooter)
Hope that someone could find the use of those two byte :D
hi u use arduino nano?
Great speed.
Battery level is also influencing a lot the Max speed that you could take.
I've check'd your code and you can simply it a bit.
For example you could remove all the messageA part, it only is there to make the headlights blink at startup.
Depending on where you wired the blue wire, you could also remove all the part about powerPin.
draculauto wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:50 pm
Thanks pata27 ;)

Works on ES200B
Freewheel vmax 38,7kmh before 36.9kmh

Here is the code i use on arduino nano files .ino :
I can remove Powerpin ( Blue 3.3V on arduino ) , it works without

If I delete byte B, the scooter will not start.
If I delete the byte A, the scooter goes to 22 km / h

I am an arduino beginner, I may have made a mistake...

I have try 2 scooter with code share with my son , battery at 100% , ~33km/h V-max on flat ( freewell 38.7 ) ,35 km / h on very slight slope and acceleration seems faster
I never tried to remove the blue pin, it should wake the controller but maybe it isn't needed. I will try too :D
The easiest code that you should be able to run is this one
Code: Select all
#include <Arduino.h>

byte message[] = {0xA6, 0x00, 0x00, 0xF5, 0xFF, 0xFC};

void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

Serial.write(message, sizeof(message));
  delay(500);
}
Worked for me, if you get trouble with it please let me know
draculauto wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 am
I can remove Powerpin ( Blue 3.3V on arduino ) , it works without
I could sacrifice a moment in my RV lab before we started our trip to the airport but things don't seem to work out for me with the ESP32 project, even with the final branch.....and something seems to be wrong in the final revision because pin 13 is running wild :shock: . The ESP32 sends signals without any loop and no codepattern i can reconice. I marked the unlock and lock event as start and stop in the pictures and included the logic record that can be opened as always with Waveforms from Digilent
As soon I'm back I'll try my luck in using one of those Heltec 8266s ESPs with oled.
I'll try to follow you guys up in the next two weeks but I can't make promises at the moment, otherwhise I'll be back next month:) *lastwavebeforeliftoff*
Attachments
Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]