An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hi and thank all who posted the construction.
Scooter works great ...

Control unit $ 6
gas $ 7
voltage converter 36-4,3V for $ 4
spray black $ 5
$ 5 charger
a few hours of work ....

Cut out some material ...
Use original small connectors for lights ...
Everything is stored in the handlebar as originally.
Stop light will work if I buy a switch lever ... unnecessary ... for now ..

Remove the new control unit from the aluminum housing and screw it on the handlebar body inside for cooling.
The control unit does not fit into the handlebars completely - to cut out some material.
Connect the main motor cable directly to the control unit - without connector.

Thank you all.
Good ride ....
John

Alex2425 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 am
I am not lazy but if you find the way how to do it i don t understand why you din t pin it. Here are 87 pages and everybody as the same question and nobady says exaclty how to do it.
FirstJuicerInTown wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:59 pm
Man, just read this thread, everything is in here.
I’m so full of you sluggards, just coming here and asking for solutions that we’ve been working out for weeks. And even now when everything is already solved since a long time, you are still too lazy to look for it first, just asking for it to be served for you on a plate. Every few posts there is someone. This is main reason im not active there anymore.
Yes they do and almost all answers are there! How would you know unless you actually went through all pages??? like for real, how do you remove the green box on a lime? If people cant figure this one out on their own then there is NO way that they are going to know how to do anything else not less update firmware or flashing!! Seriously dont waste your time
Bot1029384756 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:44 pm
How can I remove the SIM card in order to deactivate the GPS? :(
OMG if you cant figure out how to remove the sim card ( which doesnt even need to be removed since you have ZERO need for the GPS anyways) then you arent going to be able to figure any of the actual DIFFICULT stuff that is involved! Stop wasting peoples time or do some research on your own first! I read this entire thread all 122 pages of it and half of that time was wasted on reading questions that were answered already dozens of times!!!! So f**king Annoying!!!
ninebot wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am
Hey I am sorry i dont have time to read a thousand posts in this thread already is there any way to kickstart the thing (lime es2) with only the 5 pin prong jutting out? (I have the gps board)

I tried shorting some pins nothing as of yet please help :)
Hey buddy! Heres what I would do in your situation... First you need to pull your hand out of your pants, it might be a little hard for you but you can do it! Then you need to put it right up in front of your face. Then, take the 3rd finger over from your pinky finger and stick that finger straight up! Then last but not least, fold all your other fingers down and thats my suggestion to you, since you don't have the time to read all the posts like the rest of us! Why the hell should we take the time to help your lazy *ss? Sorry thats not the way life works! Get off your *ss and put in some work for yourself
carbacca wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:28 pm
images here - excuse the camouflage. am also waiting for another enclosure box to tidy it up a bit
https://imgur.com/a/j4wh2HF

the two parts i used - box and wiring instructions all chinese - beware if you dont read chinese....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Finger- ... 1a2eyCz3Pd

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V ... 8f12Gi1fLm
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,

I am so sorry if i miss something as simple as this but how do you charge the battery with this controller?
It does not have a charging port as the original

I can see in the picture that you have the charging port installed in the tube of the scooter

could you shere this connection?

Thank you very much for your help

Draco
Zik wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am
ZombieScoots wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 am
Looks like the ES4 has some new way of wiring that doesn’t fit the motherboard you purchased. So it definitely won’t be plug and play. But I’m sure a new clip can be added
Yes in deed, I did found an abandoned Lime, looks like a ES2, don't have a external battery just a GPS module in front and this is the motherboard that I found.

1. Charging port
2. This is connected through the tube to the lower part of the scooter
3. Dashboard connection
4. Connection to battery
5. Goes down through the tube to the lower part of scooter passing by a long rail just in front of battery.
6. To battery
7. That cable was unplugged. I assume to connect directly to a kind of programing interface.
8. That cable goes to GPS module, I assume one of them brings the signal to the motherboard to turn on the scooter.

Userhost wrote:Anyone know how to open the plastic, rectangular Bird head unit non-destructively? I don't want to break anything, but I'm interested in seeing how these things work. The non-destructive part is important because I want to return this Bird to service once I'm done studying it.
And this is the GPS module

Just opened

As you can see the circuit on the left holds the SIM card

Connection description

Pink arrow cable comes from motherboard.

Yellow cable it's the connection between that circuit and the big circuit to the left that holds the SIM card. I assume the white or the orange cable says to other circuit turn on the scooter.

The red arrow cable it's unplugged cable that I found in the back of module. I assume for programing.

So now I ask.

There's any way to replace the motherboard of this model? It's very different than the original one.

Or just run a jumper wires from one side to the other two complete connectivity and omit the SIM card entirely?
7. That cable was unplugged. I assume to connect directly to a kind of programing interface.
8. That cable goes to GPS module, I assume one of them brings the signal to the motherboard to turn on the scooter.

They have the same amount of wires. if they connect with each other repeating the color? ((google translate))
Zik wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am
ZombieScoots wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 am
Looks like the ES4 has some new way of wiring that doesn’t fit the motherboard you purchased. So it definitely won’t be plug and play. But I’m sure a new clip can be added
Yes in deed, I did found an abandoned Lime, looks like a ES2, don't have a external battery just a GPS module in front and this is the motherboard that I found.

1. Charging port
2. This is connected through the tube to the lower part of the scooter
3. Dashboard connection
4. Connection to battery
5. Goes down through the tube to the lower part of scooter passing by a long rail just in front of battery.
6. To battery

Userhost wrote:Anyone know how to open the plastic, rectangular Bird head unit non-destructively? I don't want to break anything, but I'm interested in seeing how these things work. The non-destructive part is important because I want to return this Bird to service once I'm done studying it.
And this is the GPS module

Just opened

As you can see the circuit on the left holds the SIM card

Connection description

Pink arrow cable comes from motherboard.

Yellow cable it's the connection between that circuit and the big circuit to the left that holds the SIM card. I assume the white or the orange cable says to other circuit turn on the scooter.

The red arrow cable it's unplugged cable that I found in the back of module. I assume for programing.

So now I ask.

There's any way to replace the motherboard of this model? It's very different than the original one.

Or just run a jumper wires from one side to the other two complete connectivity and omit the SIM card entirely?
Is there a way the gos can still be tracked if you have removed the sim ?
Skywalker wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:35 am

Is there a way the gos can still be tracked if you have removed the sim ?
I suppose if you were to call Lime, ask them to make the drive down to wherever it is you and Mr. Scoots are currently filling up empty space and then plopped the defunct GOS (sic) unit into their disrupteding mitts, they might be able to ascertain the where abouts of their property, otherwise, similar to most if not all cellular devices, even that cell phone in your pocket, They tend to not do a lot of communicating without that key to the kingdom installed (SIM card in this case). Now, it's possible that they've built in a tertiary method of allowing for communicating with home base and if I were a guessing man, that would be some sort of low powered radio band signaling, let's call it Bluetooth for whimsy, and for that to be workable there would have to be a similar device nearby of the same design and owner listening for that specific handshake and ready to relay it home through its operational 3/4g connectivity. I've yet to hear of this but it's feasible and actually a good idea. So If these things don't have that function then you can bet they soon will.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]