An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:56 am
The pinout looks correct, mind if I uses that nice picture you made? But Im working from a ES-200B I haven't seen a G.
Jap ;)
is there any differents between G and B Versions?

basti256 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:15 am

Hey,
have you tried this code already?:
void setup() {
// initialize serial:
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);

You could also try this "Version" Then you can seewith the builtin LED if your Arduino processes or not:

void setup() {
// initialize serial:
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0.3);
Serial.begin(9600);
not yet, but i will today.

code with arduino genuino 1.8.2
Last edited by x7y on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this "Version" works :)

basti256 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:15 am
void setup() {
// initialize serial:
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0.3);
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x10);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0xCF);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0.7);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x11);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0x0B);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0);

}

void loop() {
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 1);
delay(500);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x15);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0x30);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0);
}

Danke Basti !!!
x7y wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:11 pm
this "Version" works :)

Danke Basti !!!
[/quote]

You're welcome :D
when the version works also bastis mod 0.1 and 0.2 should work. Try to use the .cmd file and describe your "COM Port of the arduino (you can see in the device manager) when he asks for it. Don't give just an number, write it out... like: "COM21":)

Next Version is an improvement for the battery it's already finished It will put the Controller back into "sleep" and wakes the motor controller up before the tun on signal comes...
It actually does it always during the turn on /off I will change a bit that it will go into deepsleep after ~1hr
basti256 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:11 am
Pata27 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:45 pm
Great job !
Does it's also make the scooter goes faster ?
I would also be very interested to hear of any progress or ideas on speed. I have seen the OEM speed listed as 17.5mph-18.6mph but am currently stuck at 12mph. It seems like the scooter defaults into geofence mode. 21-24mph would be great but I’m not interested in catching my scooter on fire so would happily ride at the default.
After driving some time with my scooter I found a problem. After driving some time at 20km/h the scooter doesn’t accept the throttle - also the brakes doesn’t work. I have to stop the scooter then it’s shuts down and after a second it’s turning on and everything works fine again.

Do somebody know how to solve the problem?
Marius Petz wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:52 pm
After driving some time with my scooter I found a problem. After driving some time at 20km/h the scooter doesn’t accept the throttle - also the brakes doesn’t work. I have to stop the scooter then it’s shuts down and after a second it’s turning on and everything works fine again.

Do somebody know how to solve the problem?
This sounds like a loose connection. Is your nano battery or scooter powered? I could see an over heated buck converter shutting down to prevent damage.
Since I have unlocked I have been working on cleaning up the situation on the scooter. I was usb power bank powered from a long cord to my pocket. Now I have all components in a small fabric bag hanging off the handle bars.

The main reasons is the scooter power. Its rated for 42v and I have been having a hard time getting the volts down.

First what not to use. I trued an amazon step down voltage regulator aka a buck converter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01299MV ... asin_title) that was $8.00 and came with a display showing input and output. In my testing, the scooter power was 37volts and while connected to the converter, I could dial it down to 5v. I twice let it sit for 3-4 minutes to make sure it did smoke or change voltage. Twice it did fine.

Then when I added the laughably small load of an arduino board, it would be fine for about 1-2 minutes before the voltage would drop from 5v to about .8-1.2 volts. Luckily it never smoked my Arduino but I now have reason to believe it could have damaged a scooter that was working ok but now wont take a charge or activate. Although it does seem to unlock the wheel.

In any case, this device appears to be rated for 35v so I may have over volted it. I have since found 3 other possible options.

• Option A
    7-50v to 5v 2a micro usb for $12 prime shipped
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R5JL8 ... 5845&psc=1
    The voltage fudge factor is better but at $12 is a lot more than other options below at $1.40-$2.50. This converter is epoxy filled and micro usb out which would fit right into my Arduino Nano Every
I will be getting 'Option C' and an 'Option A' on Wednesday for testing. Hoping that 'Option C' gets the job done and 'Option A' is a backup.

Once I get these tested for reliability and heat, I want to get them in a box with a switch so I can keep them secured in place.
Last edited by bigredrobot on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]