An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Baydndnd
Marius Petz wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:33 pm
Hey guys,

there is a solution for the VOI ES-100D Scooter. The Source Code is written by MrSpriggs1.
I want to give you an instruction.

What you need
  • Arduino Nano
Thats it!

Upload following Code to the Arduino Board:
Code: Select all
#include <Arduino.h>

int powerPin = 5;
byte messageA[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x10, 0x14, 0xCF};
byte messageB[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x11, 0x14, 0x0B};
byte messageC[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x15, 0x14, 0x30};

void setup() {
  // initialize Serial:
  Serial.begin(9600);

pinMode(powerPin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(powerPin, HIGH);

}

void loop() {
  delay(500);
  Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
!!!Written by MrSpriggs1!!!

Now connect the yellow wire to the RX, the green wire to the TX and the blue wire to the 3V3 Pin.

Don't connect the red wire to the arduino or you will blew up the board of the arduino.

Now power up the arduino and wait some seconds. After a small delay your scooter should turn on.

You don't have to buy new controllers or something.
Do you have a link to buy the arduino nano and where do we put it. Do you have some photo of the process ?

Thank you very much.
By rebellion2
So here’s the deal. One day three weeks ago I noticed a Voi scooter left in the woods on the back of my house. I live in a very suburban area, and several miles outside the allowed ride zone. How the Voi ended up here I have no idea. My theory is that someone got drunk and rode it until it went out of power and left it where I found it.

However, I am very technical, so I a, naturally very curious about these scooters, hence why I am on this forum. In my country we have no way of buying impounded or otherwise left over scooters from these rental companies or local government.

As the scooter in my backyard was still laying there for over a week, I contacted Voi to let them know. It’s now been over another two weeks and the scooter still laying there. I am now thinking that Voi has either not found or not interested in picking it up anytime soon.

Is it then okay to take this scooter inside to turn it personal? Of course a part of me says it’s not ethical correct, however I have let them know where it is, and they replied and said it would be picked up ASAP.

Also, the scooter is of the type Voiager 1.1 (I think it’s model name is ES-100D). This could be running with just a few lines of code and an Arduino?
By olsru01
Hi, I have "rescued" a VOI scooter (ES4) far outside the GPS area it will work in. It has been lying outside for quite a while under snow and been exposed to rain etc. I have demounted all parts and thought of make it personal. Before I do anything I want to be sure that the batteries (and BMS) still works OK. The batteries are discharged. Any thoughts of how to test if they will work? I have ordered a charger (can use it for other purposes if the batteries are dead). Can I charge the internal and external batteries separately or is it best to couple them together and charge?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]