An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
If you want to test it, flash the unlocked software on the controller and disconnect the battery from the scooter. Then reconnect the Battery. Put now a charger cable into the charging Port of the scooter, the scooter will start now. It will show the lime logo while boot and will go to unlocked state when boot is done.
M20001 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 am
If you want to test it, flash the unlocked software on the controller and disconnect the battery from the scooter. Then reconnect the Battery. Put now a charger cable into the charging Port of the scooter, the scooter will start now. It will show the lime logo while boot and will go to unlocked state when boot is done.
thanks for the quick response. I have a Lime gen 2.5 available while yours is a gen 3, but I am gonna try the flashing anyway with your method and files (maybe it's the same firmware ?). to be honest I do not care about having a working display just as long as I can keep the original controller. I was interested in the other option of having an arduino connected and simulating the presence of the gps board but none of the people who claim to have worked that out want to share with us a full solution. I probably will get to work on the scooter in a week or two since it is someplace else from where I am now and I will post the results here. anyway, thanks again, and if you think of anything else don't hesitate to reply
PS the one thing that I think I would miss from not having a working display is the battery level indicator since for me the speed is something that I feel and I do not need to read it on a display. maybe there is some sort of voltmeter we can connect directly to the battery output and it could display the charge level with four LED's like on a xiomi m365
Can you detail the process of flashing the unlocked hex file? I'm working on removing the potting in a controller to get at the pins and have a st-link v2. Thanks.
M20001 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 am
Hello,

There:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lopeugob2scu ... Y7KSa?dl=0

Is a Folder called Lime File, in this Folder is a Video. In this video is shown what you have to do to get the controller flashed.
IMPORTANT: You have to let the controller on the scooter, do not remove the Battery from the controller or it will not work.
If the controller does not start anymore and seems dead, connect a charger to the charging port of the scooter and the controller will start again. For flashing controller: Remove the potting mass, you do not have to remove the complete potting mass, see in the video and in the pictures in the folder where the flashing connector is, and remove the potting mass only there, its not so much work as removing the complete potting mass. then connect the stlink cables, in the folder is a picture. It shows where you have to connect the cables on the stlink and another picture shows where you have to connect the cables to the controller board of the scooter. Then follow the video the unlocked file is in the folder in the link. The best is to download the entire file, so you have the informations about the lime scooter.
M20001 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Hello,

There:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lopeugob2scu ... Y7KSa?dl=0

Is a Folder called Lime File, in this Folder is a Video. In this video is shown what you have to do to get the controller flashed.
IMPORTANT: You have to let the controller on the scooter, do not remove the Battery from the controller or it will not work.
If the controller does not start anymore and seems dead, connect a charger to the charging port of the scooter and the controller will start again. For flashing controller: Remove the potting mass, you do not have to remove the complete potting mass, see in the video and in the pictures in the folder where the flashing connector is, and remove the potting mass only there, its not so much work as removing the complete potting mass. then connect the stlink cables, in the folder is a picture. It shows where you have to connect the cables on the stlink and another picture shows where you have to connect the cables to the controller board of the scooter. Then follow the video the unlocked file is in the folder in the link. The best is to download the entire file, so you have the informations about the lime scooter.
hello. could you please tell me if it would be possible to do the same thing for the Lime 2.5 controller? I mean if I do a read out of the controller like you do for your lime 3.0, could you figure out what needs to be modified in the hex file to make it work? or maybe point me in the right direction? thanks
M20001 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:44 pm
Hello,

This will not be possible. In Germany are no Lime G 2.5 they are all 3.0 here, so i do not have a Lime G2.5 available,
sorry.
first of all thanks for the quick reply. I thought you might not have access to a Lime 2.5 but I have one. so I was interested(if you are willing to share) how you were able to modify the original firmware (the .hex file) for your Lime 3. using ST-Link Utility with the option to compare the two different files(Lime Gen3 25 kmh unlocked.hex and Lime Gen3 25 kmh locked.hex) I can see that you just modified a few lines of the code so I was curious about the logic behind those specific changes so that maybe I can figure out what to do for my Lime 2.5. So if you have the time and patience to go into detail about that, I would be very grateful. I would not ask this but I am not very good with this digital stuff, but I am willing to experiment on my Lime. I could just replace the controller with a new one like it has been done by many others, but I would rather just keep the original one (I do not care about having a working display). thanks!
Hi everyone,
Couldn’t get the original controller working. So I used a VESC. Works perfectly. But there is one question: the motor cable has 6 wires of which 3 belong to the motor itself. Do anybody know what the others are there for? A hall sensor has definitely more cables!

Cheers

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]