An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Chili8680
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:40 pm
Tools Needed for the Hack

Update 01/10/2019:

You will need security bits to take the scooter apart and linked below is the recommended tool kit. It includes all the bits you'll need to disassemble any scooter.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-10048A-Sec ... uage=en_US

Thank you to @bikeaddiction for finding this!

You can also purchase this same security tool bit set from any harbor freight for $10.00. I bought one myself and it was the best $10.00 I have ever spent.
Hello Everyone!
I used to live in Indianapolis and was a Lime mechanic and during my time as mechanic was trained on the ES4.
I am OSHA certified to repair this scooter..
The Ask Me Anything starts now.
Beep codes, how tos, gen help, anything

And yes, if you remove the button stopper INSIDE the button of the Lime scooter green button it DOES work as a button.

Happy hacking!

mirecol wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:16 pm
HOLA COMO ESTA TENGO EL ERRO 35 DE MI NINEBOT PERO NO E PODIDO CONECTARLO AL PC .
PORQUE NO APARESE COMO AGO AYUDA SOLO LO RECONOCE EL CELULAR
MI PC TIENE BLUETOOTH INTEGRADO PERO LA APLICA CION NINEBOT FLAS PARA PC NO FUNCIONA COMO AGO PARA QUE ME FUNCIONE GRASIAS
we are not from spain, do you think we understand your language? communicate in english
Just acquired this old Uber jump scooter. I believe it's a ninebot es4. It's missing its dash and handlebars and there is a wire hanging off the bottom of the main post. I believe that wire is for the old gps? Do I need to reflash the control to get this working or can I just drop in a new dash and handlebars and be off?
Jonnygsx wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:01 am
Just acquired this old Uber jump scooter. I believe it's a ninebot es4. It's missing its dash and handlebars and there is a wire hanging off the bottom of the main post. I believe that wire is for the old gps? Do I need to reflash the control to get this working or can I just drop in a new dash and handlebars and be off?
you need the dash and then flash the controller with ESdownG.
James007 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:32 pm
Jonnygsx wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:01 am
you need the dash and then flash the controller with ESdownG.
hi. Where are you located? I maybe able to help. Dm me.
I read through this thread but cant seem to find my answer. I recently bought a used ES4. It works but I get no display. When I power on, the dashboard lights up for a second but then goes off, no bluetooth. The scooter and headlight operate but I cant connect or change modes.
Is this just an issue of replacing the dash or do i need a new controller? anyway to figure out if I need a new controller vs new dash?
Thanks for the help.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]