An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By p_humanes
Hola he conseguido hacer funcionar la batería , efectivamente la bms corta corriente. Años pocos segundos de funcionar, desmonte la batería fabricando una prensa parecida. Al a del video. Y luego hice un puente en la batería, sigue funcionando la bms para carga me saltó el bloqueo de descarga llevo un par de semanas probando y funciona bien, tiene. Buen par de arranque con una controladora genérica de 350w quizás fueramejor con 500wvelocidad llaneando 35 pero le cuesta cogerlo y las cuestas flojea. No se poner fotos de la bateria
By basti256
p_humanes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:27 am
Hola he conseguido hacer funcionar la batería , efectivamente la bms corta corriente. Años pocos segundos de funcionar, desmonte la batería fabricando una prensa parecida. Al a del video. Y luego hice un puente en la batería, sigue funcionando la bms para carga me saltó el bloqueo de descarga llevo un par de semanas probando y funciona bien, tiene. Buen par de arranque con una controladora genérica de 350w quizás fueramejor con 500wvelocidad llaneando 35 pero le cuesta cogerlo y las cuestas flojea. No se poner fotos de la bateria
English forum so please speak english. No one would understand me either when I would speak german ;)
By bigredrobot
Got my Jump scooter unlocked via Arduino and code listed at

https://hackaday.io/project/168667-elec ... r-teardown

From @MrSpriggs1 in that project. Wasn't too hard at all once it was working. Could likely repeat steps in under an hour and for $30. The speed is hobbled at 20km/h (12mph) and for a robot my size 113kg (250lbs) it is very poor for hills. Stock versions from juiced bikes say 32km/h (18.6mph) is the top speed but seeing manufacturers brochure its shown as 17.5mph for the ES200B at least.

The Arduino is currently powered via usb battery pack so shutting down means unplugging.
By N8clamp
I have a couple I retrieved from underwater. I even called Jump and told them to come get them, gave them 3 days to do so. They never came, so a month later I started cracking them open. The controller and the battery were both full of grey conformal coating but even with that the batteries were completely dead and unrecoverable. Dash is not conformal coated. Since the battery, and likely dash and possibly control board were all water damaged and dead, I pulled all those out and bought an s866 LCD and 350W control board off amazon, cut off proprietary connectors from board, soldered the ends on the board, and bought a new battery with similar dimensions off ebay and wired it all together.
The good: it works.
the bad:
* the control board I got really wants to be used on an e-bike so it has some goofyness to it. Every time I power up I have to tell it not to be in "gear 1" but in "gear 3" or top speed will be hobbled.
* initial start is a bit jackrabbity but not terrible.
* using this arrangement you will have to work harder to get lights going. Headlight is likely a 3W LED and as such needs something like 3.4v to work properly. the brake/running lights are 12V. The Amazon control board provides 36v and 5v (for hall sensors) so I am working on a buck converter for the brake lights, maybe with a relay connected to 5v from brake hall sensor to get those to work. the LED I blew up so I will have to replace LED and maybe figure out with resistors to step down the 36v "horn/light" power down to 3.4v
*lcd does not fit nicely on handlebars, even when you remove the cowling. and of course, the OEM dash now just becomes a black cover with nothing happening underneath. I am working on a 3D printed bracket to allow me to mount it where the QR code panel went.
I have revived several waterlogged scooters, and always the hub motors are all fine, even with being underwater possibly months. Some need bearing replacement and cleaning. but when I opened up this Jump, motor was pristine and bearings were fine.
I wonder if I should have gotten a 500W board but initially my research indicated that hub was maybe 350W. Also there is a bit of a size limitation for where the OEM controller went.
By Teslaguy
Try using a Bafang controller instead. They tend to be the best for scooters. Where have you been finding them underwater?
By shibby78787
Don't know if it's useful info but used to collect scooters for Jump and occasionally (1 outta 50) when you would release it from que in list it would stay on and function as if it had been rented. It would stay like that as well because more than once would be looking for one and some homeless dude would be riding around on it.

Also you can plug in the oval gps board from a Lyft head to the wire for gps unit and the Lyft board will power up.
If you take a ninebot dash and plug the throttle or brake wire into Lyft board the ninebot dash will power on for sec but then doesn't work. Didn't try with a flashed ninebot dash as I didn't have one readily available. Doesn't actually power up scooter so probably useless info but who knows. Posting a picture of what I mean because hard to describe it
By lexfire
Just unlock the Jump with the gps module :

first step is to hook up a Buck convertor to the Red (VIN) and black wires (GND) this will step down the relatively high voltage from the battery to something the Arduino can use. Because the battery is 42v you will need a special Buck Convertor that can handle all that voltage. I used an LM2596 based convertor board from amazon. A XL7015 type break out might be a better choice. Make sure to adjust the voltage below 5v. Now connect the Arduino ground to the buck convertor and the buck's + to the Arduino's VIN.
Next connect the yellow TX of the tracker to the Arduino's RX pin. Now connect the Blue (BTN) wire to pin number 5 on the arduino or more simply to the Arduino 3.3v out.

For the Arduino code, use :
Code: Select all
void setup() {

pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(5, HIGH);

// initialize Serial1:
  Serial1.begin(9600);
  Serial1.write(0xA6);
  Serial1.write(0x12);
  Serial1.write(0x02);
  Serial1.write(0x10);
  Serial1.write(0x14);
  Serial1.write(0xCF);
  delay(500);
  Serial1.write(0xA6);
  Serial1.write(0x12);
  Serial1.write(0x02);
  Serial1.write(0x11);
  Serial1.write(0x14);
  Serial1.write(0x0B);
}

void loop() {
  delay(500);
  Serial1.write(0xA6);
  Serial1.write(0x12);
  Serial1.write(0x02);
  Serial1.write(0x15);
  Serial1.write(0x14);
  Serial1.write(0x30);
}
speed of the scooter is limited to 20 km/h with this code.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]