An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By 365GUY
Thanks for the additional information and your opinion on the suspension, very helpful. I like that wood deck in the picture, looks to possibly add some width to the deck. I had considered doing something similar out of aluminum because the deck is pretty small for my kinda big feet and gets a little uncomfortable on longer rides. However I’m building a max scooter now and it’s deck is about perfect. I can either install this on the max or the 365. And because I haven’t seen any pictures or install info for the max, maybe I will install it on the max so the seller has it documented for future orders as more people buy a max scooter.

Anyway thanks again for the heads up on the things you mentioned, I will keep them in mind once I start the upgrade.

One question I do have is regarding the removal of the stock fork. There appears to be a certain type of castle nut that I haven’t been able to find the correct tool to remove. Does this kit come with the tool to remove that nut ? And if not do you know where I can find one ?

Thx
By m365b
No problem for the info. I do not know of a castle nut on the m365 that has to be removed for this kit. Do you have a photo of this nut? The kit has every tool and hardware (including a pair of steering bearings/retaining rings/alignment rings) you need for the uninstall/install. Unless you get that longer M6 screw that I mentioned in my previous post.

In regards to your deck, both materials will work, but I would suggest to use wood simply due to the weight. I'm sure you can find a kick scooter deck or whittle down a skateboard deck to meet your needs.
By nmc2012
@m365b Thank you for the valuable input, it is all something that the end user needs to be aware of! Would you be interested in summarizing that in an amazon review? We would supply you a free sample you can hold on to. Let me know, cheers! :)
By m365b
John Does not wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:08 pm
So how much is the going price? I ve seen the cheap copies on alibaba that look pretty flimsy.
I would not purchase the cheap copy. Don't judge from the side view of the suspension kit, but from the top. The four small linkage bars connecting the side plates to the steering column will show you why the cheap copy is unacceptable. The Monorim has flanged bearings for these linkage bars, while the cheap copy seems to only have a flat washer. Think carefully on how many times these four linkage bars will move within a minute of bumpy riding. Metal to metal grinding until failure. Then you are going for a "ride". Also, notice thickness of side plates and how the Monorim version has two bends on each plate making them much more robust.
Don't take the chance. Purchase the Monorim or design/make your own (preferably with thicker plates than the cheap copy).
I have just emailed nmc@nash-online.com for details, price shipping etc.

In response to above: I'm not sure that bent side plates add to strength as much as thicker metal does.

Could you please tell me where did you get $100 price from? +2X the other one is a high price. I could buy the cheap one and mod it stronger and come out about even :roll:
By m365b
John Does not wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:20 am
I have just emailed nmc@nash-online.com for details, price shipping etc.

In response to above: I'm not sure that bent side plates add to strength as much as thicker metal does.

Could you please tell me where did you get $100 price from? +2X the other one is a high price. I could buy the cheap one and mod it stronger and come out about even :roll:
The bends will provide rigidity to the side plates. Which do you think would be less prone to twisting? The flat plate or the plate with two bends?

Yes, you can mod the cheaper one to make the side plates more rigid. Simply add a couple of taps and bolt on a piece of bar stock. But for the four linkage bars, they are pretty much flat plates on the cheaper version, so there will be a rigidity issue there as well. The biggest concern, as previously mentioned, is the lack of bearings on the linkage bars. Replacing these four bars, adding 16 flanged ball bearings (yes, sixteen) and adding bar stock to the side plates will not be cheap. Also, machining time needs to be factored in if you are truly going to install the bearings according to their recommended bore tolerances.

Either way, John Does not, I believe the suspension is an extremely significant and positive addition to the m365. If you go the route of the cheaper one (and mod it) and run into any issues or problems, post it to this thread to see if I (or anyone else) can help. Good luck!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]