An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By nmc2012
Hey

I'm new on here and joined to spread the word about the Monorim V2 suspension upgrade. I Got one as a gift from a friend that’s been living in China for a long time and I feel it’s something most would really appreciate once they try it on! Fitted it on my M365 and the ride comfort totally changed.

I sell them on amazon.com now, but can ship them to any location in Europe too. They fit on M365, M365 Pro and Segway Ninebot 8 and 10 inch models.

If you have questions or want to hear more just let me know :D

See more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5HNK4K?ref=myi_title_dp
By 365GUY
Will this fit a ninebot max with 10” tires ?
Is it just springs or are there oil dampener shocks inside the spring. If it’s just a spring I think your price and product need to be re-evaluated and designed to not just say it’s front suspension that didn’t exist before. But be suspension that is the best possible upgrade to a scooter making it safer, brake better and be a way better ride.

If you would like to send me one to review please feel free. I will provide you with pictures of the install process as well as a honest review of its performance.
Thx
By nmc2012
Hi

@365GUY Thanks for your feedback! The suspension is with a spring, and no oil damper. A review would be very helpful indeed, are you able to review it on amazon.com? :D

Best regards,
Nikolaj Christensen
NASH
By 365GUY
Yes of course I can review on amazon, I have been a prime member for years and have a large review history.

What do you think about the suspension? Is it worth the time and money to upgrade your scooter with this front fork ?
I think it looks pretty cool but it’s got to actually add a element of performance also.

Would be interested in trying it for myself and let you guys know if it’s worth it. If it is I think you will move some product. If it’s just a squeaky spring with a tiny amount of travel .... well then I think we both know what is going to happen 😁
By nmc2012
We definitely believe that this add-on is worth the installation. It is as you say a spring inside of the casing, but it is sure to make a notable difference in ride comfort and safety. This Instagram video gives you an idea of the travel distance:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2xM89wo_0L ... gxxb07a24r

We would like to offer you a free sample to try out, and have your unbiased opinion of the product. The opinion of a person with knowledge about e-scooters means a lot to us, and our customers. Please send an email to nmc@nash-online.com and we can discuss shipping etc :)

Best regards,
Nikolaj C
By m365b
Wow, I can't believe that worked. Cheers 365guy!

You might want to grease the inside of the spring piston assembly (top cover screws off). Otherwise it can have a horrible squeaking sound, because nothing is aligning the spring to the piston or housing. I machined a spacer from round stock with a second diameter to pilot the spring inside the housing to alleviate the misalignment.

Also, they supply a new longer M6 screw that mounts down the center of the folding assembly. The one I received was too long. It has to be 30mm long, otherwise it will interfere with the shaft that runs through the top clamp (that mounts the piston assembly) of the suspension assembly.

As far as the ride improvement, yes, it is definitely worth it. However, you will still feel vibration from the rear wheel, but it is definitely manageable/minimal. This suspension will also help reduce the damage (loosening) to the folding assembly as it will not violently shake when riding over rough terrain.
By m365b
" it will not violently shake when riding over rough terrain.."

The "it" I'm referring to is the handle bar. Again this is a big improvement (much better for my back). You can find a replacement for the spring piston, such as an air shock (150mm or 165mm, need to verify), but they can get pricey ($50-90) and cost almost as much as the suspension kit. You would also need a shock pump to adjust the air shock.
Last edited by m365b on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 365GUY
That’s very good information for the seller to take note of. And also helps with the point I was making about the product in general. I think a lot of scooter owners may view a product like this as a giant leap in the scooters performance. I mean to go from no suspension to some suspension would seem like a massive improvement. However I’m not sure about that and that’s the answer I would like to clear up. Is any suspension better than no suspension? And like he said he had to make custom parts to improve the spring so it didn’t have so much play in it.. I believe.

But anyway I will send you a email and communicate with you about getting the fork and documenting the installation, testing and overall opinion of it.

Look forward to it,
Thanks for the offer.
✌🏻
By m365b
The custom part was only to eliminate any squeaking caused by the spring. It is not a necessary part. Construction of the kit is of decent quality with flanged ball bearings at the critical pivot points of this five bar linkage design.

Yes, any suspension is better than no suspension for the m365, which is unfortunately the main reason for the 10" wheel mod. Installation is not an issue (see youtube or monorim's facebook page). For all m365 owners, when removing the nuts on the side of the front wheel, use a cheater bar (longer bar that gives you leverage) with the supplied 18mm crescent wrench. Duct tape a broom to the end of the wrench if you have to or find a metal pipe that fits over the wrench (anything long that rigidly attaches to the end of the wrench). A foot of extra length should do nicely. It will allow you to remove the nuts without 100% of your strength, so you can make sure the wrench is secure during removal and will not strip the nuts.

However, what users will have to review are the two springs that come with the kit. The yellow is the lighter spring (50-100kg) and the blue is a bit stiffer (70-120kg). Therefore, the ride experience can differ based on the riders weight. There is a decent amount of spring travel, so one can add washers underneath the spring for fine adjustment. The optimal setup is using a double chamber air shock similar to ones used on mountain bikes. Then the air shock can really be fine tuned per user weight and preferred ride.

Every rider is different, but I believe this kit is a safe bet for a better ride on the m365. Good luck with the suspension kit, 365guy, and congratulations on your good fortune!
By m365b
Final point:

You will need a cushion between the fender and the end of the spring piston. It can rattle during a ride. The fender is only held by one screw without a feature to prevent rotation. You're are given two silicon rubber washers to sandwich between a spacer, but after tightening, they provide no "cushion". Oddly enough, this photo was from monorim's facebook page which has a green circle that highlighted this slight issue. I just added a piece of adhesive backed felt.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]