An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Chili8680
Well I recently purchased a bird scooter from a police auction and well I need someone to help me. I purchased the xiaomi m365 dashboard bluetooth circuit board and So as they say easy plug and play but that was not the case. The adapters that came with the hardware does not match up. When I hit the button the bottom lights come on but the scooter itself doesnt stay on beep or anything I watched in a video that shows the step by step process of getting it to work but didnt help me. My question to anyone who can help me out is what is the right dashboard circuit board I need to purchase to get my scooter working properly? Also do I need to just order a different dashboard or is there more to it then what I dont know? Also do I need to load a special app as well to get it up and running? I would really appreciate someone getting back to me regarding my post. All I want is to get this working so my son can enjoy riding a electric scooter to work. I can email, text or call anyone who is willing to help me out! Thanks in advance
By Chili8680
Can anyone please help me or at least say something? All I want to know is what part to order that is the correct part to turn my bird scooter into a personal scooter
By MD_R
Two things before I answer - this forum doesn't have a ton of traffic at all times - replies can take time so that may be one reason no responses have come in yet. Another thing is you said you ordered a M365 dash... or bluetooth circuit... I am not sure how the Xiaomi scooters are built - but you posted in the Ninebot section, which the Xiaomi branded scooters are not considered Ninebot, those are Segway (though I think one company owns the other one anyway).

So right - bird scooters (at least the ES2 models) are built with a GPS/brain/dash at the top that controls the whole rental side of things, and they also have a control board in the neck that handles bluetooth. When you repurpose a rental Bird ES2 you got from auction, you will either have to figure out a way to flash them both I think (haven't tried that) or you must buy a standard dash with the speed display and button, as well as the control board that goes into the neck. Disregard posts that say otherwise (like that tell you just to replace the dash and it will work) because Bird got smart and started flashing the control boards to not work with anything but the Bird hardware (again I only know for sure the ES2 is this way, not the other models such as Xiaomi).

If you were on a Ninebot I'd say just get the control board with the bluetooth (activated) from ebay or amazon or another online parts store, and with the dash (also from ebay or wherever) you could then use the scooter.

But since your on a Xiaomi branded scooter, things might be different.

Hope that helps!
By Chili8680
Thank you so much for responding back to me and giving me some really helpful info. I would like to purchase the 2 items and do you know a trusted site I can go to.. To purchase these items for my scooter?
By LAXscooter
I sell those parts
on Scootertalk -market section. Click here to view.
PatJ
thanks
Chili8680 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:01 pm
Thank you so much for responding back to me and giving me some really helpful info. I would like to purchase the 2 items and do you know a trusted site I can go to.. To purchase these items for my scooter?
By Chili8680
MD_R wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:00 pm
Two things before I answer - this forum doesn't have a ton of traffic at all times - replies can take time so that may be one reason no responses have come in yet. Another thing is you said you ordered a M365 dash... or bluetooth circuit... I am not sure how the Xiaomi scooters are built - but you posted in the Ninebot section, which the Xiaomi branded scooters are not considered Ninebot, those are Segway (though I think one company owns the other one anyway).

So right - bird scooters (at least the ES2 models) are built with a GPS/brain/dash at the top that controls the whole rental side of things, and they also have a control board in the neck that handles bluetooth. When you repurpose a rental Bird ES2 you got from auction, you will either have to figure out a way to flash them both I think (haven't tried that) or you must buy a standard dash with the speed display and button, as well as the control board that goes into the neck. Disregard posts that say otherwise (like that tell you just to replace the dash and it will work) because Bird got smart and started flashing the control boards to not work with anything but the Bird hardware (again I only know for sure the ES2 is this way, not the other models such as Xiaomi).

If you were on a Ninebot I'd say just get the control board with the bluetooth (activated) from ebay or amazon or another online parts store, and with the dash (also from ebay or wherever) you could then use the scooter.

But since your on a Xiaomi branded scooter, things might be different.

Hope that helps!

Well I did purchase a rental bird scooter that I am trying to convert into my own personal scooter. I see the parts you sent me that I can purchase that runs about $50.00 bucks or so. Whats the difference in the package deal I see on here where I can purchase the same parts for roughly around $25.00. Are these knock off parts or trusted parts that are the same items you sent me but for a lower price? I just dont want to purchase something that im not going to be able to use in the long run. If you could please get back to me regarding my message it would be greatly appreciated.
By Chili8680
I hope this picture helps. Please let me know what specific parts I need exactly to convert my bird scooter over to my personal scooter

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]